Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Park baby shower?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 21 Replies
Has anyone been to or had a baby shower at a park? My dad says its impersonal. We don't have a yard and not sure if we can fit 40ish people in our house so were trying to figure out other places. Do you think its lame to do it at a park?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Always1222
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is okay to do so. I mean if you decorate a little and invite the people you want and you would enjoy it outside then I think it's personal. Hope it turns out  well :)

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:39 PM
What's wrong with a park? As long as it isn't smoldering (I live in Florida it gets HOT) is say go for it!!
baby7810
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:40 PM

id say its fine as long as weather agrees LOL

stephv53
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea I told my mom I'm fine with it but my dad says its impersonal so my mom started rethinking it.
wkukid
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:39 PM

That sounds cute. I'm having a small one with my SO's family, we are having it at a cute Italian resturant. Alot of my SO's relatives are older and cant make the drive to my house. My big one will be at my house.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I think doing something out at a park would be fine. I don't think it's impersonal at all. 

TTC2Long
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Nothing wrong with it as long as it in no way resembles a 5 year old's bday party. Lol. Is be worried about weather, which is why I've never done it, but it could be very cute and very nice! And very personal, of course. :)
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I don't think it is. I have been to outdoor showers (at homes though) and they were still very nicely done!

If the weather is nice (that is the only thing you can never be to sure of for outdoor events lol) I say go for it!

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I don't see anything wrong with the park... you may also want to look into rec centers, or restaurants.

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Well guys shouldn't be at baby showers anyhow lol jk my dad was at my first one with my twins but that was different I needed his help. SO says guys don't belong at baby showers that is for women lol his mom is throwing the shower and it will be a few of my friends family and her friends (this is SO mothers first grandchild by the way) but all will be females. We have about 30 to 40 people and the room holds max 40 so I couldn't even let kids come if I did there would be 23 kids lol

Quoting stephv53:

Yea I told my mom I'm fine with it but my dad says its impersonal so my mom started rethinking it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)