Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

round ligament pain during pregnancy?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:45 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm 13 weeks and my back started to hurt and also my sides. So I called my Dr. And he said it was round ligament pain. And its very normal. But its more normal in 18 to 20 weeks pregnant. And I'm 13 weeks but it is still normal. Did you ever have this, and how did go. Did you have the baby early?did it go a way? I want to have a vbac.
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I had it so bad a few weeks ago. I went in for an ultrasound at 7 weeks to rule out a tubal pregnancy- it was that bad! It's completely normal, though. :)

mommylizTB2809
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Quoting Pandapanda:

I had it so bad a few weeks ago. I went in for an ultrasound at 7 weeks to rule out a tubal pregnancy- it was that bad! It's completely normal, though. :)

for a min you scared then I had remember that I had an ultrasound and the baby is right were it supposed to be.
brittany208
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Basically, you have ligaments that hold your uterus in place. When your uterus gets very big and heavy, it places quite a strain on these ligaments. Its most common in the lower front, under your belly, or on the sides where your legs attach to your middle.

I have had it with both of my pregnancies. Usually I feel it as a very sharp sudden stabbing pain when I twist and stand up from the couch. So I just get up very slowly, and I'm fine. I'm glad I knew about it before I had it though,  bc it's such a sharp sudden pain it doesn't feel like it should be good! but its very normal.

it has nothing at all to do with method or timing of delivery. just growing pains of the ligaments stretching to support your soon-to-be ginormous uterus.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I've been having it for like 3-4 weeks and I'm only 12 weeks with my 3rd. It is common.

TTC2Long
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Totally normal. Mine started early, too, though I didn't show early. It went away for a while and Is back with a vengeance around 29 weeks. I'm 32 weeks now and it sucks. It has zero to do with preterm labor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bchic24
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I've already started getting them and I'm only almost 6 weeks lol. I think with my first I was more around 20 weeks.

mommylizTB2809
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Quoting brittany208:

Basically, you have ligaments that hold your uterus in place. When your uterus gets very big and heavy, it places quite a strain on these ligaments. Its most common in the lower front, under your belly, or on the sides where your legs attach to your middle.

I have had it with both of my pregnancies. Usually I feel it as a very sharp sudden stabbing pain when I twist and stand up from the couch. So I just get up very slowly, and I'm fine. I'm glad I knew about it before I had it though,  bc it's such a sharp sudden pain it doesn't feel like it should be good! but its very normal.

it has nothing at all to do with method or timing of delivery. just growing pains of the ligaments stretching to support your soon-to-be ginormous uterus.

mine is sometimes the upper belly or the lower, but always my sides. Is usually a dull pain that comes for to or 3 hours. I do get sharp pain but it only lasts for 5 mins if that I know this is tmi and I'm sorry but when after I use that bathroom I really feel better. But I don't if that because for the past few day I can only go once a day. I usually go 3 times a day. Sorry for the tmi
brittany208
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:47 PM

make sure you are drinking lots of water! you should be going to the bathroom more than that. And you need plenty of fluids bc your body is making blood for two, amniotic fluid, etc etc. so drink as much water as you can.

Quoting mommylizTB2809:

Quoting brittany208:

mine is sometimes the upper belly or the lower, but always my sides. Is usually a dull pain that comes for to or 3 hours. I do get sharp pain but it only lasts for 5 mins if that I know this is tmi and I'm sorry but when after I use that bathroom I really feel better. But I don't if that because for the past few day I can only go once a day. I usually go 3 times a day. Sorry for the tmi

mommylizTB2809
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Quoting brittany208:

is it OK to have it in the upper belly. I mean dose it sound like I have some thing else. Because I have a miscarriage in the past so everything scares me. It seems like after the first pregnancy it comes on sooner.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN