Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Everyone pushing me to eat....How much are you eating ladies?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:18 PM
  • 23 Replies

Hello ladies , I was wondering how many meals and snacks in a day everyone is eating. I'm 18.3 weeks pregnant and my doc said I lost two pounds so I should eat more. My mother and hubby are always telling me to eat more than I want. I eat breakfast,Lunch ,Dinner and maybe 5 snacks in between. I don't have a huge appetite since being pregnant it's remained the same. What are you guys eating  for snacks also? I hate that everyone act like I should be eating loads of meat and veggies every time I eat. I cut beef and pork out my diet because it is sonheavy on my tummy. I do eat lots of chicken and ground turkey.My tummy does get full very quick since I've been pregnant and I think it has to do with slow digestion and my organs being squashed.

thanks!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tishx3
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I might eat 3 meals a day sometimes but on a regular day maybe breakfast and dinner with 1 or 2 snacks in between.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I only eat when I'm hungry. At max, you only need an extra 300 calories per day while pregnant. If you're eating enough for your body to feel full, then it isn't a big deal.

Kadawn
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Im 24 weeks and have gained 10-15 lbs. (Im 5'7 and started at 145),

I eat breakfast as soon as I get up usually cereal or oatmeal (with milk and brown sugar)

I dont usually eat a morning snack but I do eat lunch usually leftovers.

Then for snacks I eat pb and j sometimes, LOTS of fruit.

Then dinner I usually eat something carby..

As long as your eating and not letting yourself go hungry, I think your okay :) 

ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:42 PM

ive been having that problem too and I swear DH seems to think I have an endless stomach....every hour hes like "what do you want to eat?" NOTHING I JUST FINISHED EATING!! I am gaining though, not alot, im 21 weeks and a few days and have gained 6 total pounds, but i dont have a huge appetite. 

Amycapl
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM

just fyi, you do not need meat (or dairy, for that matter) to have a healthy pregnancy. i'm vegan so i don't touch the stuff.  I'm having the same problem as you.. i get full REALLY quickly.  i have either a small bowl of cereal or a smoothie for breakfast.. then a snack (usually a piece of fruti), lunch is typically left over dinner, then an afternoon snack (more fruit or nuts or seeds) and then a light dinner.  i spend most of the night trying to avoid baking cookies :)

Lovemybaby551
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I have had really bad nausea and for about three weeks i threw up almost everything i ate, sometimes i could keep down acouple crackers or a little bit of fruit. But thank God that is going away and im getting my appetite back. I do get full allot easier though, i used to be a big eater but now i only eat half a much, usuallly only a snack in the morning the lunch sometimes ill eat dinner but not everyday
wkukid
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Not enough. My doctor was worrie about my weight gain at the last appointment. I just don't have a appetite.

smyeary
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:59 AM
I may get to eat two meals if I snack its not enough to fill a mouse up. My nausea went away some but my appetite is still poor. I've lost 7 lbs from my last visit to the doctor. They have me coming every 3 and a half weeks.
muchlovedby4
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM
As long as you're eating when you're hungry, you should be fine. With regards to the weight loss, every woman is different. I ate like a pig with my 1st three kids and gained too much. Ate like a pig with this last one, and lost weight in the 1st trimester. I only gained 15 lbs the whole pregnancy.

You do need protein. Chicken and turkey are good sources. Also, have you tried fish? Low mercury and mercury free kinds can be consumed throughout your pregnancy. Your body, and your baby, need the fatty acids right now.

Also, you really should try to include a wide variety of fruits and vegetables in your diet. The vitamins and minerals are good for you and baby.

And remember to take your prenatal vitamin. Whatever you miss during the day, that will help make up for it.

Don't let anyone pressure you into gaining too much- that can lead to other problems during the pregnancy. GL.
xLilBit22
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I only eat if i feel hungry. When i went to visit my mom when i was 10wk everyone and i mean everyone was trying to feed me. It was driving me nuts lol. Like ive gained and lost weight but my dr hasnt mentioned my weight so far.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)