Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

So petrified of giving birth!!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:10 AM
  • 79 Replies

Hello Ladies! this is my first time being pregnant. I'm about 6 weeks. I am such a nervous wreck. Since i found out i am knocked up i am full of fear, I might sound like a huge baby. But i am so nervous, im petrified of the pain, all i hear is how bad the pain is. I don't know what to expect and i don't know what to do. I know i'm still super early into my pregnancy but i can't help thinking about it. I know theres no way to avoid it and woman have babies all the time but my pregnancy was so unplanned, i so wasnt ready for my life to change this much. Recently all i do is think. I'm full of fear like i said earlier. I know it sounds bad but i didn't want to have a baby. I'm 23 not that young but i was having such a good time in my life right  now. Guess its my fault for not being careful ONE night with my boyfriend. Lol. HOW DO I EASE THE FEAR? And did anyone else deal with being sad during their pregnancies? i swear all i do is cry. I cry before going to bed since i found out. I swear i cry myself to sleep all the time. Guess i'm still indeniel about the whole thing. :/

Much Love

Jackie N.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Always1222
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Labor is a long way away so it gives you lots of time to read up and get more info. In most situations people are more scared of the unknown. I would start with a pregnancy and labor book and see if you have a friend who's already been through pregnancy who might be able to share her personal types. I am 22 and 20 weeks pregnant with my first baby. So far other than having nausea everything has been okay. 

I do get emotional sometimes and sometimes I do get overwhelmed even though this pregnancy was planned. For me it helps to write down my feelings, and then write if there is anything I can do to make myself feel better. Meaning if I am worried about finances I think of ways to solve it. As far as feeling sad it happens and I try to give myself a break. Meaning just because you are pregnant doesn't mean your life is over. You can still go the movies, or out to eat with friends...etc If you are noticing it is not getting better I would bring it up to your doctor and ask if they have any ideas.

If you have any questions that I can help you out with or if you just want someone to talk to. Feel free to send me a message. -Danielle

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM
9 moms liked this
Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth.

The best cure for fear, is knowledge.

It's not as scary as people make it out to be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smyeary
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM
It normal to feel nervous about being pregnant especially your first one. It is not really that bad. I am a big baby when it comes to the needles more then the delivery. Lol! Sad isnt it though that at 32 I am still afraid. I still am in shock about my fourth baby and I am almost 12 weeks. Mine was a oopppsss!! I was really sick with a cold and on antibiotics and apparently even though we didn't do the doo til I was better as a precaution, I got pregnant anyways. It will get better in time especially once you hear that heart beat. Good luck hun!!
MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I was terrified as well. But it was not as bad as everyone built it up to be. It was the most beautiful experience of my life. The hardest part was the recovery. You will do fine. I am a tiny little girl who was running wild, got pregnant unexpectedly, and made some bad choices. It's a scary thing, but you can do it! 

jackiehotmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Hey Denielle thank you so much for your kind words, i appreciate it. You're only a year younger then me. I feel like a huge pansy right now. I too like writing my feelings down. I am definitly going to look into doing that more often, writing down my journey will definitly help me out. I am starting to get used to being pregnant its just been hard for me to accept it i guess. I think its because my boyfriend and i are still young and my siblings are older so it was so unexpected. I just had a feeling i was pregnant. Its crazy but i just knew i was. Anyways i will definitly message you if i need to talk. Thank you again. XX Jackie.

Quoting Always1222:

Labor is a long way away so it gives you lots of time to read up and get more info. In most situations people are more scared of the unknown. I would start with a pregnancy and labor book and see if you have a friend who's already been through pregnancy who might be able to share her personal types. I am 22 and 20 weeks pregnant with my first baby. So far other than having nausea everything has been okay. 

I do get emotional sometimes and sometimes I do get overwhelmed even though this pregnancy was planned. For me it helps to write down my feelings, and then write if there is anything I can do to make myself feel better. Meaning if I am worried about finances I think of ways to solve it. As far as feeling sad it happens and I try to give myself a break. Meaning just because you are pregnant doesn't mean your life is over. You can still go the movies, or out to eat with friends...etc If you are noticing it is not getting better I would bring it up to your doctor and ask if they have any ideas.

If you have any questions that I can help you out with or if you just want someone to talk to. Feel free to send me a message. -Danielle

kelly617
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I eased my fear by learning about birth...I learned everything I could, I wanted to find out all my options and what to expect. The unknown scares me more than the known so I figured if I KNEW what I was going into it wouldn't be as bad

And it wasn't!! I know ladies will tell you "OMG IT WAS SO BAD" and I won't lie...it does hurt..its not a walk in the park..but no you're not gonna die.

I was scared of labor...I've seen movies (they exaggerate a lot I guess because thats funny?) at no point was I screaming, crying or telling my husband "you did this to me you bastard" lol

Pregnancy is a big change and you're VERY early...it takes time to get used to even if you were PLANNING on it. Give yourself time...everything you're saying sounds very very normal to me.

If you decide that you still dont' want the baby...look into your options...there is adoption if you choose to carry but you don't want to raise the baby...or if you really don't want to even carry the child there is abortion. Just make a choice that you can live with

Good luck hon

jackiehotmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey! thank you for being so understanding. You made me feel a bit better. I too am a little girl (physically) that ran around with my boyfriend, partying and having too much fun, then one night i was irresponsible and let my desires get the best of me. Now here i am. Sorry if i am to straight forward. THANK YOU again.

Quoting MrsKoolaidPunk:

I was terrified as well. But it was not as bad as everyone built it up to be. It was the most beautiful experience of my life. The hardest part was the recovery. You will do fine. I am a tiny little girl who was running wild, got pregnant unexpectedly, and made some bad choices. It's a scary thing, but you can do it! 

jackiehotmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Hello Kelly! thanks for thee advice. I have thought about my options. My boyfriend and i both don't agree with abortion. So we decided to keep our baby. I was thinking about not having it for a week or so but i just felt like i didn't want to do either of those options. I want to keep my baby. Right now i am just full of fear. Mostly the pain. But you gave me lots of comfort. What gives me comfort is knowing that women give birth all the time. I am definitly going to invest in a book. Any books you recommend?

Quoting kelly617:

I eased my fear by learning about birth...I learned everything I could, I wanted to find out all my options and what to expect. The unknown scares me more than the known so I figured if I KNEW what I was going into it wouldn't be as bad

And it wasn't!! I know ladies will tell you "OMG IT WAS SO BAD" and I won't lie...it does hurt..its not a walk in the park..but no you're not gonna die.

I was scared of labor...I've seen movies (they exaggerate a lot I guess because thats funny?) at no point was I screaming, crying or telling my husband "you did this to me you bastard" lol

Pregnancy is a big change and you're VERY early...it takes time to get used to even if you were PLANNING on it. Give yourself time...everything you're saying sounds very very normal to me.

If you decide that you still dont' want the baby...look into your options...there is adoption if you choose to carry but you don't want to raise the baby...or if you really don't want to even carry the child there is abortion. Just make a choice that you can live with

Good luck hon

jackiehotmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey girl! thank you for your advice. I am scared of needles as well. I feel like such a pansy. But i know its normal for me to be scared. Wish i was more tough. I believe mines was an opps too but i guess not because i knew deep down inside that pregnancy was always a risk. Everyone tells me that the whole process is an amazing feeling. Im excited about all of it.

Quoting smyeary:

It normal to feel nervous about being pregnant especially your first one. It is not really that bad. I am a big baby when it comes to the needles more then the delivery. Lol! Sad isnt it though that at 32 I am still afraid. I still am in shock about my fourth baby and I am almost 12 weeks. Mine was a oopppsss!! I was really sick with a cold and on antibiotics and apparently even though we didn't do the doo til I was better as a precaution, I got pregnant anyways. It will get better in time especially once you hear that heart beat. Good luck hun!!

Lovemybaby551
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Being pregnant is scary but its getting allot better for me. I had the same feeling the first couple of weeks but they've gone away now. *hugs*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)