Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

surprise mom:/

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:13 AM
  • 25 Replies
So things have been a little rough lately. My SO got hurt at work and was let go cause he was out for two weeks and couldn't lift a certain amount. He has been looking for a job everyday. But no one is really doing anyone hiring. So my mom has been helping me out with small things I need til I get paid. But I know she is notgoing to be super thrilled when she finds out I am pregnant again. I was hoping if it was a girl I could surprise her for Easter. Since she already has 3 grandson. I don't like hiding things from her and I feel guilty. What would you do ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:39 AM
I would just tell her. The worse that could happen is some criticizing.
Lovemybaby551
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM
2 moms liked this
I wish i could help but i am in the same boat with telling my mom. Good luck i hope things get easier for you *hugs*
kblpooh
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Your idea about telling her at Easter is cute. Will you know by then what you are having?

In regards to job search, the website indeed.com is a great job search site, because it pulls from all other search engines, so you don't have to look at multiple sites. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sep18mom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:11 AM

i cant really help because i just a pic of the test and sent it to my mom **hugs**

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I don't tell those who aren't going to be thrilled.  But, perhaps, she will be excited for you?  Good luck!

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM
good luck. All she can do is continue to love them all :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Congrats! Surprise babies are always a little stressful, but I'm sure your mom will come around. 8)

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:00 PM

tell her....

smyeary
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM
My mom loves all my kids even if some was or wasn't planned. But I know how my mom can get... And sometimes she can be very hurtful. Cause since i had my 3 yr old she has been fussing about getting my tubes tied. That is why I am a little nervous.
SarahMommie
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I am having a surprise baby also! I waited to tell my not say supportive family until after 12 weeks to avoid any uncomfortable "get rid of baby" talk. I only told immediate family at that time I told friends and other family when I found out gender which was awesome because I have girl,girl,girl BOY!! It did make things more smooth people would say oh you got your boy instead of are you done yet...! Hope things get better for you soon!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN