Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

VBAC after TWO c-sections? ANYONE? UPDATE!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 60 Replies

Has anyone had this or know of anyone who has? I'm not asking for opinions or a debate on the topic, I just really would like to hear stories from women who have done this or know someone who has and how it went for you or them. Were there any complications?

UPDATE:

So, I've been searching and searching and have found about 5 doctors in my area (Dallas) who are onboard with VBAC's! A few of them have blogs in which they say they are on board with VBA2C's & 3's! I can't wait until Monday to contact them and see if this is all true so I can finally relax about this! Wish us luck!

BabyFetus Ticker

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
avaana06
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Well, I haven't done it yet, but I will be in July/August. My situation was a little strange. I had one twin vaginal, the second twin csection. Then I got pregnant 9 months after they were born so my doctor refused to try a vbac, since the risk of rupturing my uterus was very high, having had such a short amount of time to heal. This time I am doing vbac because I CAN deliver vaginally, I have, I just had strange situation.

Denisethedaring
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Sadly my only c-section was my last birth and there is probably not going to be another, though if there were I would definitely VBAC...good luck!! :)

thecubanator
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I think I'm going to be attempting one in May/June. I'm with you and would love to hear stories of succesful vba2c! I'm still up in the air about it. I got pregnant when my 2nd boy was 6 months old so not a lot of time to heal from his c-section. That's the one part I'm nervous about but my dr said I would make a good candidate....

nikki554
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh oh oh. I am so glad I can finally be helpful. My first two were csections my last was vaginal. I went to a midwife. First two were doctors.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
virgochild79
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:00 AM

This is really on my mind. This will be my 3rd baby, my last baby was born 6 years ago so I'm more than healed. I've asked my doctor about VBAC and she said I could but I would have to sign something stating I know the risks blah blah blah but, I have to sign something when I have a c-section too. I'm so confused on what to do and it seems this is all I think about now. I have a while to make up my mind and I guess if the VBAC isn't successful, they can do a c-section. Good luck to you on yours!!

Quoting thecubanator:

I think I'm going to be attempting one in May/June. I'm with you and would love to hear stories of succesful vba2c! I'm still up in the air about it. I got pregnant when my 2nd boy was 6 months old so not a lot of time to heal from his c-section. That's the one part I'm nervous about but my dr said I would make a good candidate....

BabyFetus Ticker

virgochild79
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM

OMG YAY!! How was it!? Tell me all about it please! lol. 

Quoting nikki554:

Oh oh oh. I am so glad I can finally be helpful. My first two were csections my last was vaginal. I went to a midwife. First two were doctors.

BabyFetus Ticker

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Usually it will be safer to vbac so you can tell your doctor you are asking for Informed Consent;  you want to hear the risks for elective cesarean, too.  ;-)

Not all providers are genuinely supportive of vbacing (even if they say so early on), it helps to not use an OB for one (of the many things you can do to reduce your risks).

Quoting virgochild79:

This is really on my mind. This will be my 3rd baby, my last baby was born 6 years ago so I'm more than healed. I've asked my doctor about VBAC and she said I could but I would have to sign something stating I know the risks blah blah blah but, I have to sign something when I have a c-section too. I'm so confused on what to do and it seems this is all I think about now. I have a while to make up my mind and I guess if the VBAC isn't successful, they can do a c-section. Good luck to you on yours!!

Quoting thecubanator:

Reluctant doctors like to believe that they haven't much influence over
their patients, but that is clearly not the case. Several studies have
found that when doctors genuinely encouraged women to have VBACs, most
of them did, and when they said nothing or acted neutral, most women
didn't. Finally, when obstetricians discouraged VBAC in women who
wanted to try it,none of them did.

Henci Goer, Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Come visit the VBAC moms group here on CM, too.   LOTS of stories, info, support there for ya!
GL!

Mail Myself to You
nikki554
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM
It was fantastic! I was able to hold my baby and see her being born. I was able to get up and move. my first I was In labor and pushed for 6 hours with no progress. So I had a csection. My second my doctor was once a section always a section. My 3 I went to a midwife and she let me do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
virgochild79
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! I' going there now :)

Quoting doulala:

Come visit the VBAC moms group here on CM, too.   LOTS of stories, info, support there for ya!
GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)