Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

VBAC after TWO c-sections? ANYONE? UPDATE!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Has anyone had this or know of anyone who has? I'm not asking for opinions or a debate on the topic, I just really would like to hear stories from women who have done this or know someone who has and how it went for you or them. Were there any complications?

UPDATE:

So, I've been searching and searching and have found about 5 doctors in my area (Dallas) who are onboard with VBAC's! A few of them have blogs in which they say they are on board with VBA2C's & 3's! I can't wait until Monday to contact them and see if this is all true so I can finally relax about this! Wish us luck!

BabyFetus Ticker

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (51-60):
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM

WOOT! Glad you found doctors willing to try! Good luck!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:32 AM

good luck

Let us know if we can offer help!    (interview questions, etc)
:-)

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:31 AM

That is great that you have options! Good luck, I hope you find a great doctor and get your vbac!

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

That is great that you have options! Good luck, I hope you find a great doctor and get your vbac!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mushmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:55 AM
I'm just curious. Why do ob's push for repeat cs vs vbac if cs are more dangerous? Just doesn't make sense to me. I decided on a repeat cs last time and probably will this time as well for a lot of reasons (age, labor never progressed with first, hospital won't allow vbac2). Not trying to debate just don't understand why ob's push for what is more dangerous.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
virgochild79
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Quoting mushmom:

I'm just curious. Why do ob's push for repeat cs vs vbac if cs are more dangerous? Just doesn't make sense to me. I decided on a repeat cs last time and probably will this time as well for a lot of reasons (age, labor never progressed with first, hospital won't allow vbac2). Not trying to debate just don't understand why ob's push for what is more dangerous.

Well from my understanding and all my research on this, they push for repeat CS's becasue of the risk of a uterine rupture which of course could end up being a life or death situation. In my case and I feel like a total tool for not knowing this but, with my first baby that was delivered at 32 weeks due to Preeclampsia, I may have had a vertical incision performed which has a greater chance than a horizontal incision of opening back up if I try to deliver vaginally. Now if my records come back to show that my incision was not a vertical incision, I may be able to deliver my baby without having another c-section. At this point, even though a c-section is the last thing I would want to choose, I just want to deliver a healthy baby whether it's vaginally or c-section.

BabyFetus Ticker

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Because you get sued for the c-sections you don't do, not the ones you do.
And because their insurance companies charge them less if they ban VBACs (related to reason 1).

Quoting mushmom:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:19 AM

: ) Also, contact the Midwives of UNT! : ) They have a hospital birthing center at Harris Methodist in Fort Worth. I was not a VBAC, but they did a great job at my last birth! : ) They also have practice under an OB/GYN, so if you have complications, your care would be transferred to her. : ) Their facility is also designated as baby-friendly, which is a huge plus! : ) 

http://www.nurse-midwife.com/contact/ 

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Because it's faster, easier for them, because they don't want to risk a lawsuit. And because they make more money that way. They are watching out for themselves and just want to get the job done. Too often they don't value the experience and the lasting effect for the patient.

Quoting mushmom:

CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I would say go to Harris hospital in fort worth. It is Amazing for natural birthing mamas, vbacs woud be much more accepted there and you will have a lot of support. You can even have a water birth there which speaks of how open they really are.

Good luck!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)