Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pregnancy tests, something isnt right i cant possibly be both pregnant and not pregnant at the same time

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM
  • 10 Replies

OK so heres the low, i had my tooth pulled about 2 weeks ago, i legit used protection every time i had sex after that bc i couldnt take my bc bc of the hormone levels upped my chances of getting a dry socket, but it was fine bc we had condoms, one tim, just one fricken time i actually forgot i wasnt on the bill bc i been taking it for so long and it was towards the time i was about to get it refilled and start taking it again, i had sex but i honestly didnt think i was pregnant, but to be on the safe side i took a test the other day before getting back on the pill bc i didnt want to hurt the baby if i was, and that test was invalid, ok so i took another one that next morning, and it took a while first came up negitive then positive, idk if its bc i checked after the 10 mins was up or what, so i took another one later on that day,  same thing happend first neg then pos, so i bought yet another box, did hte same thing i did a night test and a morning test, the night test came up positive and the morning one (this morning) came up neg. 

THis has never happend to me before, I have 3 other childern, i am married so if i am pregnant its not a big deadl , i just wanted to be sure before i got back on the pill, and i waited THIS  long bc i should be getting my period on the 17th but i dont even know bc last month i didnt geti t until the very end of the month! i know i should go to a clinic but my husband will sorta get a hint of whats going on if i do that bc if it were to come back postive i wanna tell him on valentines day!  idk if anyone would know but advice would be great

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Army-Wife0128
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Buy a digital one that way you know for sure and you're not sitting there wondering if you are or not.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Go digital or see your dr

amy31308
by Ashlee on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I'd just call your Dr and ask for a blood test then there is no question
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
roxiekittie
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:53 AM

yeah i was thiking digital! thats what ill do today then if its neg and i still feel pregnant or whatever in a week ill call a doc! thanks! 

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM
The one that was negative then pos was probably just. an evap BC it was after the time. First morning urine is the most concentrated so if that was negative I would go with that. The night before was probably an evap too. After 2 mins (or whatever the box says) don't even look at the test anymore.
K_D88
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Post a pic of the tests
TTC2Long
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
This. Use pink dye tests and fmu. Read the directions and DON'T look at the test after the time on the directions. Also, dont look at the test as the urine is being absorbed across the strip: often, color will show for a moment as it moves across, but disappear as it settles in. Set a timer and walk away until the timer goes off. GL!

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

The one that was negative then pos was probably just. an evap BC it was after the time. First morning urine is the most concentrated so if that was negative I would go with that. The night before was probably an evap too. After 2 mins (or whatever the box says) don't even look at the test anymore.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Retest.

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Yep, this.

Quoting amy31308:

I'd just call your Dr and ask for a blood test then there is no question
babydsmommy18
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I'd use a digital or get a blood test.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)