Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

For those of you willing to share (miscarriage related) *tmi*

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 10 Replies

I already have a doctor appointment for later this week but i wanted to ask a question for those of you who have had a miscarriage.

What did it feel like? Did it hurt?

Heres a little of my story. My cycles are always 27days long never long never shorter. They are also always six days long. On feb 6th the day before the bleeding started i was having cramps and back pain that would radiate down into my legs and had me doubled over in pain. Feb 7th the cramps are still the same and bleeding started along with the clots and something that almost looked like tissue with it. Feb 8th cramps are very dull but bleeding continues along with clots. Feb 9th the bleeding almost completely stopped except a very light bit. Feb 10th it completely stopped until that night when the bleeding started again and continued through to the 11th. The bleeding stopped late the night of the 11th. Yesterday the 12th no bleeding or cramps really. Now today 12th the cramps are back and it almost looks like old blood when i wipe.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious103102
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I've had 6 losses. The first all happened before I even hit 6wks, minus a bit of cramping they were relatively painless and just felt like regular AF starting.   My 4th was at 10w 3d and I woke with extreme pain/cramping and it went on for about 10 mins after I passed the baby/everything.  The 5th I was 8w 6d along and had extreme cramping/contractions that stopped as soon as the baby passed.  The 6th I was 17w 5d and went into full blown labor. It was very painful.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I had a suspected miscarriage (meaning no real way to have known, since we were out of state when it happened) around 5ish weeks. I didn't hurt much, just felt hot and I sat down on the toilet and I poured blood. I didn't have any bleeding again for a few weeks. 

With my one known loss, I started bleeding within hours of finding out I was pregnant. I cramped some, but I bled for 6-8 weeks nonstop. 

Both times it was bright/dark red for me, never any brown spotting. Good luck at your appointment. Just keep in mind that every pregnancy is different and will affect your body in a different way.  

Journeysmama11
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:11 PM

My son is 6 and a half months old but when I was almost 6 weeks pregnant with him I started bleeding really heavy. Bright red, tissue and cramps. I thought for sure this was a miscarriage. I called the dr. They told me I was miscarrying and what to expect. I bled for a week losing tissue and cramping. I cried all week. It was an unplanned pregnancy and my daughter was only 6 months old at the time but I still wanted this baby SO bad! Then on the 7th day it just stopped. I called the dr. I was so nervous bc I thought maybe I DIDN'T miscarry? or what if I had only partially miscarried and I would have to go through some procedure? They did an ultrasound a few days later (I was about 7 weeks) then had an appt with my dr. Everything in my uterus looked good. Baby had a heartbeat and looked great. But she said she was about 90-95% sure I'd miscarried one. I was most likely carrying twins. :( It makes me sad because I am one of those crazy moms who would love to have two at once! But my son was born happy and healthy. Many pregnancies end before most people realize they were pregnant. If it's early still It's mostly just lots of cramps and bleeding with tissue. But I hope everything is ok and wish you the best!

becs0808
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:18 PM

When I had my miscarriage I was around 7 weeks, and it was one of the most painful things I have been through. I bled for 5 days or something close to that. I could feel that I was having contractions and following them I would bleed heavier. I think that every miscarriage can be different though. I'm sorry for your loss!

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I have had three miscarriages and they have all been different.

My first was when I was 5 weeks and had lots of cramping, bleeding, clotting. Before kids I always had bad cramps. Ones I would curl in a ball in tears. These cramps were worse then that for a day.I bleed for 7 days.

My second I was around 6-7 weeks. I had cramps for 3 days before I started to bleed. The first day of bleeding I had really bad cramps for quite a while. Then the cramping stopped and the bleeding and clots went on for 5 more days.

My third I was close to 7 weeks. I first started to bleed. For three days it was just bleeding. Then the fourth day I had some quick pains on one side of my uterus. For a few hours. I passed baby later that day. That was so hard to see. Then the clotting started and  bleeding continued for 7 days. 

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I have had 4...

3 before 11 weeks, hurt horribly. 1, well later then that that I don't talk about on here and it was awful!
All happened naturally and I passed everything so there was no need to have any type of surgery or anything, but every time was just like labour with my DD only shorter. It was still passing a child out of my body.

CelestialSong
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Mine didn't hurt. I don't even think I had any cramping, except maybe a little bit on the second day? I was a little over 5 weeks, and when I woke up and went to the bathroom one day there was blood. I knew right away, even though I know spotting is normal, but there was just too much and it was bright red. I kept bleeding all day, and there were clots, and then there was really no doubt. I bled for about 4 days, then a bit of spotting for a few more days, and then it was over. I was very emotional though, and feeling a little.. unstable? I don't know, I assume it was hormones and at least a little grief because I had been so excited.

But everyone's experience will be a little different. I knew as soon as I saw the blood that it was over, in the same way that I knew weeks before I got a positive test that I was pregnant. 

AmericanChild82
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:15 PM

When we lost our two pregnancies, they were like night and day. With Emma, it was just a lot of heavy bleeding then I got sick because part of the placenta was still attached so I had to have a D&C. Then with our last one. I was in so much pain. It was more than menstral but less than labor pains with not so much bleeding.

ashybaby87
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I've had 2 miscarriages. Neither hurt. I had period like blood which started out as light spotting. My 1st miscarriage I felt nothing. This most recent one I had light period like cramps for a few days, but it happened about the time I would have been getting a "late period" so if I wouldn't have had a positive pregnancy test 2 weeks prior I would have never known. 

Mothercardinal
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I lost one of my twins back in 03.  I remember some severe cramping and heavy bleeding and some small grayish clots.  My doctor told me it's not uncommon for fraternal twins to not be conceived at the same time and she thinks what happened is the baby I lost was conceived first and I miscarried just before my son made it to my uterus to implant himself.  The reason she thought this was becasue immediately after miscarrying my husband and I resumed relations and the very next month towards the beginning of the month I found out I was pregnant again.  She said in order for me to have conceived so quicky and it not have been twins the first time around, I wouldn't have shown up pregnant on home tests until either the end of the next month or the beginning of the month after that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN