Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Freaking out.....

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

I got to hear my lil muffins heart beat for the first time today. its a nice healthy heartbeat. I also sent a dreaded text to my mom telling her im pregnant. no response from her. Im happy but sad too. and really stressed out. just needed to vent :/ boy freind really doesnt understand why im freaking out about telling my mom, his whole family already knows

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JMCorbin84
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Great news! Totally understand about the freaking out tho, dh & I r ttc and I'm scared to death to tell my dad. I think it's the whole " need his approval" thing I've had going all my life. It would be horrible if you tell them something you're happy about only to get a bad or disappointed response from them. Good luck!

mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Give her some time and don't let her bring you down. Maybe going online and making an Amazon wishlist of baby stuff would boost your spirit?

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM

why are you so scared to tell your mom? I was terrified to tell mine when I found out with DS1 because even though I was married and working I thought she would be disappointed...but she wasn't! She may surprise you!

Lovemybaby551
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Shes doesnt want me to make the same mistakes she did and shes also religous and im not married. Ive been pregnant before but i miscarried,thats why i waited until i heard the heartbeat to tell her this time. she FLIPPED last time...

Quoting Larsbug:

why are you so scared to tell your mom? I was terrified to tell mine when I found out with DS1 because even though I was married and working I thought she would be disappointed...but she wasn't! She may surprise you!

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I bet she will come around... I'm not religious but every baby is a blessing, and if she is religious then she will see that God had a plan for you.

Quoting Lovemybaby551:

Shes doesnt want me to make the same mistakes she did and shes also religous and im not married. Ive been pregnant before but i miscarried,thats why i waited until i heard the heartbeat to tell her this time. she FLIPPED last time...

Quoting Larsbug:

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:02 AM

That is awesome that you got to hear your baby. I'm sorry things are rough with your Mom. As hard as it is, try not to let her feelings affect you. She has to own her opinions and feelings, you don't. You get to be excited and happy no matter how she feels. Congrats!

happy41ce
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:38 AM
If be upset you sent a text and not a phone call...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christinarb
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Its ok hun, shell talk to you about it soon.. im 18 and an only child.to my dad and when i told him i texted him as well he called him saying u know what u needa do ( abortion) i dont want u to call me untill its done, nd if its not i dont want anything to do with you or the child , but i know he just needs time cuz we actually do talk now things are a little better
heathermarie23
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Congrats!  I was the same way about my dad but it felt a lot better to tell him, my mother however still doesn't know and I'm 7months.

ClaribelC
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:21 AM
I was 35 divorced and waited until I was 6 months to tell my mom I was pregnant because it was out of wedlock! So I can relate, but you know at the end of the day is a done deal... Baby is there, enjoy your pregnancy and everything else does not matter! All that matters is that momma and baby are ok..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN