Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Worried...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:47 AM
  • 13 Replies
Hello....I just really need some advice. I'm 30w1d; this past Monday I had my US. Today, I go in for my regular scheduled appt & I've been an emotional wreck. My current dr is on leave until the 13th of March, so I been seeing her fill in @ the moment. Anyhow, she go over the results saying everything looks fine, but she expected my baby to weigh more, but never told me how much more. She had me so confused that I burst into tears. From my research the baby suppose weight between 2.5lbs-3lbs & my baby is @ 2lbs 11oz. Then shen start going over the percentile when I was 20weeks @ 43% to now dropping to 20%. She wanna do another US, in 3 weeks. I'm so scared now... Has anyone experienced this? Please help...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greenhazel96
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Mabye you are not that far a long. Or mabye your baby is just small
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:38 AM
After 20w weight estimates on u/s can be off by 2-3lbs because baby is getting so crowded in there that an accurate measurement is hard to get. Don't worry.
Erin0423
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:50 AM
She just really freaked me out that I can't even sleep...anytime I'll ask a question she became even more frustrated. I just don't know...
beckyaj110
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:40 AM
I totally agree with this!

Quoting TTC2Long:

After 20w weight estimates on u/s can be off by 2-3lbs because baby is getting so crowded in there that an accurate measurement is hard to get. Don't worry.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Don't let them upset you. US are notoriously inaccurate later in the pregnancy. Was there a reason you had a late US?
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:56 AM
My daughter measured about 2 weeks small the entire time I was pregnant. Their numbers are averages. Each baby grows at their own pace in your belly, the same as after they're born. My daughter ended up being only 6lbs3oz at birth. Now she's 2 and still in the less than 10th percentile for her growth. She's just a petite girl. As long as theyre not finding anything else 'wrong' there's really no reason to worry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erin0423
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:26 AM
@ mem82....that was my 2nd us & my orignal doctor order it just for rountine just to check the babys progress. I can't wait until she comes back bcuz her replacement isn't compassionate @ all.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:47 PM

That doesn't sound like anything to be worried about. Baby may be about to have a growth spurt or may just be on the small size.

Erin0423
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Thanks every1.
brittany208
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I would NOT worry AT ALL. ultrasounds are NOT a reliable way to get an accurate weight. and some babies are bigger than others, and that's completely normal. hopefully your dr will be back soon so you dont get stuck with her in the delivery room!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)