Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

need help...!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:55 AM
  • 12 Replies
hi everyone needed help this is my 2nd child and I'm 37 weeks but my back has been killing me lately I can't sleep I really dnt have an appetite I went to L&D Monday Dr. Said I'm not dilating regular Dr. Appointment 2marrow I was wondering if u guys know if I ask to b induce will it happen...this mite b a dumb question..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:34 AM
no and being induced increases your risk of csection. Its the end and everyone hates it but your almost done. Try some tea and a bath.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amycapl
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:25 AM

at 37 weeks, your bean's not done cooking yet. I wouldn't push for an induction when he's clearly not ready to come out yet. 

CafeMom Tickers
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Induction is best saved for medical emergencies. Hopefully your doctor will turn you down. 

LaLa_Ivory
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM
why would you want to be induced?
id never opt for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM
37 weeks isn't really far enough along to consider it. Have you tried a warm shower? Or some stretches to ease your muscles?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Emilytrademark
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I opted for induction with my first pregnancy because of back pain/hip pain - It was a mistake :-/ I would definitely try and ride out the pain and let your baby come when he/she wants. Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM

most docs won't induce until 39 weeks, but it just increases your chances of a c-section especially if you aren't dialating on your own.

sfank
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Many people aren't dilating yet at 37 weeks. Some women, like me, don't dilate at all until they are in labour. Plus, starting an induction so early with no dilation would most likely end with a section. If I were you I'd try some stretches (look up child's pose, it's my favourite for back pain), a warm bath, and a hot, caffine free drink before bed and try and wait until your baby is ready. The last few weeks of cooking make a big difference. Good luck!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Have you seen a chiropractor? That would be much better than induction and no, they won't induce you before 39 weeks without a medical reason.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN