Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Evening Primrose oil & red rasberry leaf tea?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 12 Replies
Has anyone ever used them in pregnancy? If so how was your experience? I'm almost 34 weeks pregnant & have been using Red rasberry leaf tea since around 20ish weeks. At first I didnt know people used it to help with labor my doctor recommended me drinking it to help with my high blood pressure & to give me extra vitamins and I loved the taste so I've been drinking a cup a day since then. He mentioned @ my last appointment about evening primrose oil. He said if I wanted I could start taking it around 37 weeks because if my Bp stays as high as its been & I continue to have protein in my urine he may have to induce at 38 weeks (which I'm hoping he doesn't & hopefully my Bp goes down) but he said the epo can help thin my cervix to make induction easier or could possibly make me go by myself if my body is ready so I was just curious if anyone had experience with it. Of course I'm still going to research it on my own time but I figured there had to be some people here who have used it or know someone who did. If you did did it help with labor at all? Was there any side effects? And when did you start taking it & how much did you take and how long did it take for you To go into labor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I've never used it. Bumping for answers!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Not here, but here is a bump

LaLa_Ivory
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Never used any of it. bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:02 PM
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you I will check out that post!

Quoting louzannalady:

There is no evidence EPO is safe. 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117811/forums/read/17945671/Evening_Primrose_Oil

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lhc777
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Out of 5 pregnancies, I've used rasberry leaf tea for the first three, which were super easy labors, but I drank a lot of it in the last month, a whole pitcher a day. I'm now due with my 6th and I'm doing the tea again but also trying the EPO, just on the cervix, not ingesting it. I've read that it can be a blood thinner so I'm scared to take it orally since I'm a VBAC. Never heard of the blood pressure thing. Since you posted your question over a month ago, I assume you've had your baby? How did it go?

RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
It went great! He is 6 days old now. Labor from start to finish was 5 hours. I didnt push AT ALL! Literally I just layed there n he came out haha. So if it was from the epo & tea it def helped

Quoting lhc777:

Out of 5 pregnancies, I've used rasberry leaf tea for the first three, which were super easy labors, but I drank a lot of it in the last month, a whole pitcher a day. I'm now due with my 6th and I'm doing the tea again but also trying the EPO, just on the cervix, not ingesting it. I've read that it can be a blood thinner so I'm scared to take it orally since I'm a VBAC. Never heard of the blood pressure thing. Since you posted your question over a month ago, I assume you've had your baby? How did it go?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lhc777
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

YAY!!!! I love hearing stories like that. Congrats!!!! :):):)

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

It went great! He is 6 days old now. Labor from start to finish was 5 hours. I didnt push AT ALL! Literally I just layed there n he came out haha. So if it was from the epo & tea it def helped

Quoting lhc777:

RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Thank you so much!! :) it def was awesome haha

Quoting lhc777:

YAY!!!! I love hearing stories like that. Congrats!!!! :):):)

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

Quoting lhc777:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:20 PM

congratulations

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured