Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Glucose testing

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

I failed the one hour test yesterday and have to take the three hour GTT on Wednesday.  My number was 189.  Did anyone fail the one hour, but pass the three hour?  If so, what was your number for the one hour?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
937mrsweaver
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

failed my one hour at 170 i think it was passed my 3 hour which turned into 4.. no fun at all i was starving and that stuff made me sick! good luck! if u get a choice of drinks go with hte sprite one its better than the punch

Mariah-1987
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I passed my 3 hr one. It sucked and the drinks tasted like dirt water to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

HERE is a link with a lot of articles (one even from a world renowned OB!) about the glucose test and GD, for your consideration. 

kelly617
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I did.
Mine was 162 for the 1hr

I passed the 3 hr but after I had my son we went over everything that happened and we believe I actually DID have GD....we think my sugar spiked at about 30wks...

this time I'll be starting the diabetic diet in a few weeks (I'm only 11wks now) and will stay on it whether I pass the gd test or not

newmom2be08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Quoting kelly617:

I did.Mine was 162 for the 1hrI passed the 3 hr but after I had my son we went over everything that happened and we believe I actually DID have GD....we think my sugar spiked at about 30wks...this time I'll be starting the diabetic diet in a few weeks (I'm only 11wks now) and will stay on it whether I pass the gd test or not

Interesting. Thanks for sharing!
CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)