Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Know this question may be a little early...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:03 PM
  • 34 Replies

I recently had triplets in September, they were born early as I had carried quads, lost one, and delivered at 29 weeks gestation.  Before even leaving the hospital, I had already told DH that I want another one in a few years.  He thinks I'm crazy, but i think I can talk him into it.  ;) 

Anyhow, we had a hard time conceiving, and finally got pregnant off of injectables/hcg/iui, after having surgery to remove a polyp from uterus and endo on left ovary.  My question is, has anyone, or do you know anyone who had a hard time conceiving a first child(ren) and found it easier to conceive a second, third, or fourth time? 

I know it's early, seeing how the triplets are not quite 5 month old.  Just curious as to what we may be facing AND I know every woman is different so your answers won't mean the same for me necessarily.

Thanks in advance.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

it happens sometimes. my mom told me she had a really hard time conceiving at 1st too. her and my dad tried for 5 whole years before they finally got pregnant with my oldest sister. after that they had 3 more kids, including me, and had no problem conceiving again. me and my husband had the opposite problem. we conceived our 1st no problem w/ out even trying. we got pregnant again 2 years later no problem. but it was ectopic. it took us 7 whole years of ttc before we finally got pregnant again. so you just never know.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Yes! My friend had to undergo fertility treatments for 5 months before conceiving her DD. They figured they couldn't get pregnant naturally so didn't use protection and she got pregnant when her dd was just. 3 months old! Lol oops! Haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I dont have any experience in this department, but i do wish you luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Journeysmama11
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM

It took my dh and I 8 months to get pregnant with my dd. I know that's not considered havng a hard time by any means but with my ds we weren't actually trying. We used a condom and still got pregnant! And my dd was only 5 months old at the time! So it should still be easier!

amy31308
by Ashlee on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I know a few people who had a hard time and got pregnant right away or unplanned the next. But then it could go the other way and be harder. No way to know for sure.

I'd day wait till you're both ready and stay trying. You'll be very preoccupied next time around lol. You could even talk to your re and see what he thinks.
SFsupermommy
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I know of a couple people that needed fertility treatment with their first and not the others. My aunt actually had a similar situation to you and had twins after almost 5 years of trying and then got pregnant a year later completely naturally on their first try. Then again after less than a year after the third was born. Congrats on yours!! :) I remember reading your posts last year and your babies are gorgeous! If you dont mind me asking do you have any more recent pictures of them? :)

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey, lady! It's so nice to see a post from you again!

I hear about this happening all the time. I also hear about people struggling for years to conceive, adopting, then getting pregnant on their own. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beckyaj110
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:33 AM
My two closest friends mom went through the same situation. Took her 6 years and a ton of fertility treatments before she conceived her oldest. 6 monrhs later she figured she couldn't conceive on her own anyways so she wasn't using protection and got pregnant with brooke and allie. Then she conceived her 4th 16 months later and her 5th was conceived on her 4th childs 1st birthday. Her oldest was her only planned baby.
austinsmama1106
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:18 AM
My mom and dad tried for years to get pregnant, eventually they gave up and adopted my brother and sister. Just after my sister turned one my mom got pregnant.
I thought for sure I'd have problems getting pregnant. We tried for 2 years to get pregnant with my first. We tried for 2.5 years for our second. It only took us 2 months to conceive our third!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured