Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I Know this question may be a little early...

Posted by   + Show Post

I recently had triplets in September, they were born early as I had carried quads, lost one, and delivered at 29 weeks gestation.  Before even leaving the hospital, I had already told DH that I want another one in a few years.  He thinks I'm crazy, but i think I can talk him into it.  ;) 

Anyhow, we had a hard time conceiving, and finally got pregnant off of injectables/hcg/iui, after having surgery to remove a polyp from uterus and endo on left ovary.  My question is, has anyone, or do you know anyone who had a hard time conceiving a first child(ren) and found it easier to conceive a second, third, or fourth time? 

I know it's early, seeing how the triplets are not quite 5 month old.  Just curious as to what we may be facing AND I know every woman is different so your answers won't mean the same for me necessarily.

Thanks in advance.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Replies (31-34):
DKk0531
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:27 PM
With my first it took us 8 months. But i wasent like COMPETELY trying, i didnt temp or track, bascially we just had sex lol. With this one, i got paragard taken out jan 25 af jan 27, normal, conceived around valentines day. So pretty fast, same thing though, i wasnt temping and had started tracking but because it was my first cycle i didnt truly know. My mom had a harder time conceiving me then she did my brothers and im first born. So idk. I guess i would like to think its easier conceiving second,third, 4th...etc...but maybe because we understand our cycles a little better then the first time idk lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Well, my friend had to use IVF to conceive her son and then her twins...but then her youngest daughter was totally unplanned and on their own...no drugs, no IVF, just good old fashioned sex, lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiotPixie
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Lost Jack at 12 weeks, Zoe at 16. Lynda was born happy and healthy at 41. I guess with her having more room to herself she was snug in there.

Quoting Hopen:

So, SO sorry for your loss!  We too lost one of our multiple set!  We carried quads for 29 weeks and lost our little anges baby the morning before I delivered that evening...it was devastating...so I can't imagine 2...how early on, or late did you lose them?  If I can ask.  Sorry again!  No one can take that pain from you..

Quoting RiotPixie:

Btw, congrats. I was pregnant with triplets and lost 2 of them. My 17 month old daughter was the only survivor of the triplets. And they were natural triplets. I was extremely fertile after having my 2 1/2 year old. Conceived triplets when she was 4 months old.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ChosenByGod40
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:07 PM

MY 1ST WAS HARD AND AFTER TONS OF TESTS WAS TOLD I COULD NOT HAVE KIDS ONLY 3 YEARS LATER TO HAVE MY 1ST AND 22 MONTHS LATER TO HAVE MY 2ND NOW I AM HAVING A HARD TIME AGAIN.....18 DAYS LATE RIGHT NOW BUT 2 NEFATIVE TESTS AND LAST AF ON FEB 24TH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)