Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Its a....and placenta previa :(

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:16 PM
  • 15 Replies

I was so sure I was having a boy! I was hoping for a boy but its a girl. Not only is it a girl but I have placenta previa which means no sex for the next 4 weeks (and thats only if its moved by then) and a possible c-section which I really dont want. On top of that, hubby no longer wants to pick a girls name, he told me just to do it which hurts my feelings and puts pressure on me. :(

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theemissfitz
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Is he reacting that way because he wanted a boy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Luckily it is really early, that is likely to change-   You are more likely to not have a cesarean than to have one though.      Keep that in mind and take things day to day...     hugs!

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:34 PM

no because we cant agree.

He likes:

brooklyn

danica

zoey

sage

alexis

he REALLY like danica but Im not crazy for it. :( Hes sick of talking about it so he just told me to pick. :(

Quoting theemissfitz:

CafeMom Tickers

sparklebug86
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I really hope I wont need one, they terrify me!

Quoting doulala:

Luckily it is really early, that is likely to change-   You are more likely to not have a cesarean than to have one though.      Keep that in mind and take things day to day...     hugs!

CafeMom Tickers

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Try not to worry too much right now~~

Quoting sparklebug86:

I really hope I wont need one, they terrify me!

Quoting doulala:

Only a small percentage of women who have a low-lying placenta or previa detected on an ultrasound before 20 weeks still have it when they deliver their baby. A placenta that completely covers the cervix is more likely to stay that way than one that's bordering it (marginal) or nearby (low-lying). Overall, placenta previa is present in up to 1 in 200 deliveries.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Take a break from names for a while- don't worry about it for now!

kimmie3577
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM

is he not happy that he is having a girl.... sounds like he is not if he dont want to help out with a name... maybe he thought you would like to just choose it... my husband is not good at wanting to pick names i did my daughter this time its a boy and he choose the name but i think he only choose the name nicholas cause he knows i really like it

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I'm sorry it's been a rough day it sounds like. Do you know if it's full or partial previa? I would take a break from naming for now. Maybe something new will come to you guys when you aren't focusing on it,

Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Congrats on the girl and I hope your placenta moves!

Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Aw, my DD's name is Sage - it's a beautiful name, IMO.

Quoting sparklebug86:

no because we cant agree.

He likes:

brooklyn

danica

zoey

sage

alexis

he REALLY like danica but Im not crazy for it. :( Hes sick of talking about it so he just told me to pick. :(

Quoting theemissfitz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN