Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Wanting to try agian

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hi everyone, I hope everyone had a nice valentine's day! :)

I had a miscarriage on January 6, 2013. We are doing okay and everyday it gets a little easier. I know it will take time to cope and it is something that will get better but it is something that we will never forget. We are talking about trying again but I'm scared. Currently we are just using the pull out method. So I guess if it happens it happens. I know that I want to be a mother but I'm so scared that I'm going to go through the same thing again. We are 20 years old and I will be graduating from college in 6 months. I know that we are young and I think that is why this happened to us. We were scared that we were about to become parents but we were getting excited about it. The idea just took a little time to sink in. I know that I will never forget our little angel and I don't want a new baby to replace out baby but I think having a baby will help the healing process. What do you guys think, am I crazy?
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Not crazy at all. :)

DevanF
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Quoting Pandapanda:

You don't think it's crazy?
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I don't think it's crazy to think ro feel that way. Having another baby can certainly heal old wounds- be it pain from a loss, a traumatic birth, etc. 

I would give your body a little time. Get into a good routine of taking a prenatal vitamin every day, incorporate some exercise into your routine (even if it's only 30 mintues extra walking at the grocery store), and make sure your partner is ready, then start trying! The healthier you are before conception, the better the odds are of having a healthy pregnancy. :)

Quoting DevanF:

Quoting Pandapanda:

You don't think it's crazy?

DevanF
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Quoting Pandapanda:

Yes that is true. It was actually his idea to start trying again lol. I think he is ready. I think we need to have a long talk about it and make sure that we both are ready and this is what we both want.
stargaze281
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:11 PM

No, I don't think thats crazy. If you and your partner feel ready then give it a try. Don;t let fear take over you, in life a person has to live n the present moment. Good luck

DevanF
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Yeah that is true. We can't live in fear. It was just such a horrible thing to go through that I don't want it to happen again.

Quoting stargaze281:

No, I don't think thats crazy. If you and your partner feel ready then give it a try. Don;t let fear take over you, in life a person has to live n the present moment. Good luck

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:37 PM

You're not crazy for wanting another child, no.  Though I highly doubt "being young" is the reason behind your loss.  Just take the time to heal emotionally before you jumping into another pregnancy. Lots of good thoughts. 

DevanF
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Yeah that will fully help. I think this time we will just be more prepared.

Quoting Devious103102:

You're not crazy for wanting another child, no.  Though I highly doubt "being young" is the reason behind your loss.  Just take the time to heal emotionally before you jumping into another pregnancy. Lots of good thoughts. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM

There is no way you guys brought it on yourselves. It just happens sometimes. Hugs.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Aww I'm sorry!

Good luck ttc!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)