Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have an ultrasound at 5 Weeks?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM
  • 45 Replies
If so what did they see if anything? I had one in e.r and they couldn't see anything. No baby, no yolk sac, no fetal pole, NOTHING. Wondering if its too early like my doctor said or ectopic pregnancy like e.r said. Haven't seen doctor yet, just talked on phone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beckyaj110
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:30 AM
I've never had an u/s that early but here's a bump
mj.bullion
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:35 AM

My first u/s wasn't until 7wks almost 8. I'm not positive, but I'd say 5wks is a little early. Was it vaginal or abdominal?

rjmac88
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:37 AM

i had an u/s at 8 weeks with my second. couldnt see a thing. so no..at 5 weeks that doesnt shock me one bit

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:39 AM
I did, but only by accident...I thought I was 8 weeks along and it turns out that my dates were off. I was 5w1d. They saw a small sac and a teeny tiny spec, but barely noticable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2004MAMA715
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Both. That's what scares me. Thought for sure they would see something on vaginal ultrasound, even that early.

Quoting mj.bullion:

My first u/s wasn't until 7wks almost 8. I'm not positive, but I'd say 5wks is a little early. Was it vaginal or abdominal?

hiswife11
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:54 AM
I had one done at 6 weeks with my son and they couldn't see anything untill they did a vaginal ultrasound.
beethann
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I had one done at 5 weeks something days and they could tell I was possibly absorbing another pregnancy. It was a vaginal one.

Mcelly
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:59 AM

No, that's too eary. I had mine done at 8 weeks. 

sissy852
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:03 AM
its to early
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Always1222
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:03 AM

I had an ultrasound at 4 1/2 - 5 weeks and they couldn't see anything. Just a slight thickening of the endometrial lining. When I went back a little over a week later they could see a tiny little egg sack :) 

Wishing you lots of luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured