Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone have an ultrasound at 5 Weeks?

Posted by   + Show Post
If so what did they see if anything? I had one in e.r and they couldn't see anything. No baby, no yolk sac, no fetal pole, NOTHING. Wondering if its too early like my doctor said or ectopic pregnancy like e.r said. Haven't seen doctor yet, just talked on phone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Replies (21-30):
alliesaurus
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I had one with my first at around 5 weeks + a few days. I was techinically closer to 6 weeks that 5...it was like 5w+4/5days or something...but you could see the sack...the baby was a itty bitty white spe that i can barely see in the printout because the curser they used to measure it was bigger than the actual speck lol. It seems like they should be able to find even a "speck" of life starting, and that there is something implanted in the tissue, but this is just y thoughts and speculation, I am not a doctor.

Hang in there, it could be just waaay too early and see what your doctor says.

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Never had one at 5 weeks, but with this Bean I had one at 6w 4d and could see a little peanut with a yolk sack.
LaLa_Ivory
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM
i had one at 5w5d.... barely anything there...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cynthia86
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I had an ultrasound at 5w2d and you could clearly see the sac.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM

At 5w6d with my daughter, we saw nothing but the gestational sac.

rbailey2414
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:21 PM

an ultrasound that early wouldnt show you anything! Dont stress- wait until about 7-8 weeks to get another ultrasound to make sure everything is ok. at that point, you should see something in the uterus.

Alliegracesmom
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM

This was mine at 5 weeks 6 days
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Yup at 5w 3d and you could see the sac but there was no heartbeat yet
Hafsa1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I had one at 5 weeks 4 days I think and there was just a gest sac, nothing in it, they said it was completely normal. Next u/s showed a baby with hb :) the baby measured 6 weeks 4 days so the 5 week u/s was actually 4 weeks, I must have ovulated late in that cycle.
mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I think it depends on who does it & what equipment is used.  If it's one where the dr. wheels it in then I think it's very possible they don't see anything.  Mine only saw like a shadow or something like that.  She said she saw something but wasn't sure what it was.  Now when I went to the Radiology dept. where they have all the fancy, expensive equipment & have you drink the water so you'll be full then she saw the fetal pole, played it for me, & showed me exactly where the baby was, & gave me pics.  She actually said she didn't know what the dr. was talking about because she could clearly see it.  So I'd say in a dr. office without a full bladder you'd probably see nothing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN