Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

ibuprofen in second trimester?

Posted by   + Show Post
I was at a midwife appt and i was telling her how hirrible my migraines have been. Ive been on tylenol, tylenol with codeine, and percocet and nothing works, so she told me since im 15 weeks and the baby is formed already i can take ibuprofen since its still safer than my migraine meds. I have never been told ibuprpfen is safe at any point, im sure she kbows her stuff but she isnt my regular midwife since it was an emergency appt. Anyone take ibuprofen while pregnant?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Have you tried accupucture?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hafsa1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM
My friend was told by her doc and a pharmacist recently that it is ok if taken only once in awhile not on a regular basis
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Thats exactly what the midwife told me! To not take it more tham twice in a day and dont take it everyday only of nothing else works

Quoting Hafsa1:

My friend was told by her doc and a pharmacist recently that it is ok if taken only once in awhile not on a regular basis

KVnC
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I been told by all the drs and ppl that nothing can be taken at all except tylonol and that we just have to deal with the horrible discomforts of pregnancy. I know it sux but its the safest and worth it
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Its not a "discomfort" my migraines keep me from taking care of my 3 year olds so i have to take something.

Quoting KVnC:

I been told by all the drs and ppl that nothing can be taken at all except tylonol and that we just have to deal with the horrible discomforts of pregnancy. I know it sux but its the safest and worth it

dbcmommy
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I've been told not too. Big no no.
123MomAmy
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Have you tried rubbing a bit of icy-hot at your temples? Or that "head on" stuff? I have even tied an ice pack to my head with a bandana! It looks ridiculous, but the ice and pressure help. I get horrible migraines when I'm not pregnant so I know how hard they make life. Can anyone help you with your children so you can lay down? Feel better!!!
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:44 PM
For some reason extreme temps like head or ice make mine worse. I cant evem go outside when its super cold or the heater in the car bothers is. I have the most stubborn migraines. I took ibuprofen before i even posted this and it was magic this is the first time in weeks ive been totally migraine free. I def am asking my regular midwife before i take it again though

Quoting 123MomAmy:

Have you tried rubbing a bit of icy-hot at your temples? Or that "head on" stuff? I have even tied an ice pack to my head with a bandana! It looks ridiculous, but the ice and pressure help. I get horrible migraines when I'm not pregnant so I know how hard they make life. Can anyone help you with your children so you can lay down? Feel better!!!

amy31308
by Ashlee on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I have read before the greatest risks are in the 1st and 3rd.

I would trust my ob. She's probably just weighing it against your other meds too
Spring.Mom
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM

You shouldn't take Ibuprofen at any stage of pregnancy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)