Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TMI: Discharge Question

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ugh, so I share more with you guys about my vag than most of my close friends...lol, but I am a little worried and I know there are a ton of experienced mommas here, so here goes my dignity:

I've been having discharge this pregnancy, and a month ago I had a yeast infection that has cleared up.  I have no symptoms currently and my doc even ran tests for other stuff just in case, all negative, just yeast. Well my discharge has been a little yellowish, which they assured me was normal, however I just went to the bathroom and had a yellow glob in my underwear.  Wth? It was kind of solid-ish almost, definitely not normal discharge. It's not like yeast infection, it was more like a hunk of snot (sorry I know...so gross). This isn't like my mucus plug or anything, right? I mean, I'm 19+ weeks, that seems early, but I'm also a newbie to all this so I'm a little concerned.

Anyone experience anything like this before? Pregnancy or not related? I love my doctor, but hate his nurses and I feel stupid calling and asking one of them about this, so figured I'd ask other ladies first.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jbjb1024
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:31 PM
It sounds like your mucus plug. However, it will regenerate. I lost mine at 35 weeks and it regenerated. Don't worry. A lot of mommas on here lost it early on
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Mucus plug can come out at any time and sometimes grow back. That may have been what happened. You should be fine unless it starts to smell foul, your water breaks, or you notice blood.
If you're concerned about anything, don't be afraid to call your OB's office. They know what it's like and understand how it is to be a first time mother.
Kountry_Girl
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Sounds like mucus plug..but I don't think it's anything to really worry about.. It should build back up
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beckyaj110
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Sounds like your mucus plug which can regenerate itself. With DD mine fell out 4 times. It happened once at 16 weeks, once at 25 weeks, once at 31 weeks and then one last time at 39 weeks 4 days. DD was born at 39 weeks 5 days.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Sounds like some mucus plug, but no worries! It will regenerate.

SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:10 AM
Could it be urine mixed with it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nduwie
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:05 AM
I'm getting discharge too
Its embarrassing in a way that I don't want my boyfrnd taking off my panty
Its clear white
Milky,t doesn't smell bad but it worries me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured