Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ectopic Pregnancies

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 17 Replies

Have any women on here had one? Did you have any early signs?

I am 5 weeks and today I had pain on my right side twice. Once it was just a slight pain, that I chalked up to moving to fast, the second time it was really painful. I was getting off the couch and using my stomach muscles to get up and it pulled and stabbed really bad. Then after a few minutes it quit hurting. Even before I knew I was pregnant I have had twinges and pulling on the same side. I don't know if I am overreacting or if I have a legitimate reason to be concerned.

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beckyaj110
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I've never had one and don't know a whole ton about them but here's a bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I believe it's pretty constant if it's an ectopic. Ovarian cysts can cause pain, too, I've had those.
Readyforbaby2
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I thought so too, I'm just overly paranoid about this pregnancy.

Do you think it could be round ligament pain this early?

Quoting tyrelsmom:

I believe it's pretty constant if it's an ectopic. Ovarian cysts can cause pain, too, I've had those.

toopicky429
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I had an ectopic that was diagnosed at 7 weeks. I had zero symptoms, so had to have emergency surgery. I was being followed by a RE so I had several betas drawn, all quadrupled until that 7 week US, and still nothing was in my uterus. I had a 6 week US also so my RE suspected it might be ectopic, but without symptoms it was hard to diagnose. Good luck!
rbailey2414
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM

IT sounds like round ligament pain to me if it is sudden after getting up!

Readyforbaby2
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Yeah it was while I was trying to get up.

Quoting rbailey2414:

IT sounds like round ligament pain to me if it is sudden after getting up!

sissykay78
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM
I had one last Febuary..Symtoms were bleeding red when I used the restroom. And then brown (prune juice looking blood) Lots of pressure under my right ovary. Almsot like someone was blowing a balloon up under there. Cramps and a shocking sensation down my left leg. This was my 8th pregnancy and I had four kids and a lot of these symptoms can be normal in a uterine pregnancy. I'm 33 weeks with a baby girl and I've bleed lots since 7 weeks. With huge clots and lots of blood. It is a subchorocnic hematoma. I think it sounds like a round ligament pain.
Readyforbaby2
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Thank you. I am so sorry you had to deal with that.

Quoting sissykay78:

I had one last Febuary..Symtoms were bleeding red when I used the restroom. And then brown (prune juice looking blood) Lots of pressure under my right ovary. Almsot like someone was blowing a balloon up under there. Cramps and a shocking sensation down my left leg. This was my 8th pregnancy and I had four kids and a lot of these symptoms can be normal in a uterine pregnancy. I'm 33 weeks with a baby girl and I've bleed lots since 7 weeks. With huge clots and lots of blood. It is a subchorocnic hematoma. I think it sounds like a round ligament pain.

mrs.hill25
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I had one last.. my symptoms were exactly what a normal pregnancy would look like. Brown blood, I got a negative test all the way up to the day I missed my period. Now all these symptoms are odd to me, but still normal.. at 5w, I think baby is to small to cause you pain. I was 9w when the found it, and I lost a tube. I just gave birth to a healthy baby 9 hrs ago.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:32 AM

That sounds like round ligament pains to me. You might want to get checked out just in case though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)