Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

abortion ,adoption,keeping it !!!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:16 AM
  • 77 Replies
ive tried getting advice, but its hard getting advice from someone that doesn't fully understand what your going thru, are there anyone that is a single mother because the father didn't want you to keep it? is it too hard? a struggle? how did you decide? im 24 & work full time. Or did u get an abortion,if so do you regret it ? any opinions will be helpful, i don't have much time to make a decision :( when first finding out,my instant was to keep it, but now i'm not so sure.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michellej428
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM
3 moms liked this
Why are you not sure about keeping it now? Because you will have to be a single mom? I say, don't let that stop you. Plenty of women raise children alone and while it is difficult and a struggle at times, they manage fine. I am not a single mother but I did have an abortion as a teen and I can tell you this, I regret that decision every day of my life. It weighs heavy on me. You can do anything you set your mind to! If the father wants no part of this babies life, that is his loss. In the end the decision is yours and you are the one that will have to live with what ever choice you make. Don't let anyone else make the decision for you. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeycombs456
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM
i'm not sure now because of other ppl telling me ,"well it isnt easy" "it can be real hard" "are you sure you can do it by yourself"... && its making me question myself and have doubt. i think i'm going to keep it because i feel this is a God gift and i do think I'd be a great mom. just didn't want to have to do it ALL by myself. THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE:)
Mrsfarr
2 moms liked this
There's always open adoption. You'll get to see your baby grow up and enjoy their life but you won't have to be a struggling single mother.
Honeycombs456
thanks

Quoting michellej428:

Why are you not sure about keeping it now? Because you will have to be a single mom? I say, don't let that stop you. Plenty of women raise children alone and while it is difficult and a struggle at times, they manage fine. I am not a single mother but I did have an abortion as a teen and I can tell you this, I regret that decision every day of my life. It weighs heavy on me. You can do anything you set your mind to! If the father wants no part of this babies life, that is his loss. In the end the decision is yours and you are the one that will have to live with what ever choice you make. Don't let anyone else make the decision for you. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Honeycombs456
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
i mentioned that to my mom, if i have it...she wants me to keep it,for sure . my mother said she would be there for me no matter what & that may be all i need ... financially i think i would be fine.... but for how long i hadn't fully grasped

Quoting Mrsfarr:

There's always open adoption. You'll get to see your baby grow up and enjoy their life but you won't have to be a struggling single mother.

ccoyle4
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 19, working a part time job when my now husband (then boyfriend) left me because I didn't want an abortion. I kept our son and things worked out fine. Good luck in your decision.
Honeycombs456
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:36 AM
thanks! everyone opinions really means alot to me, at times i feel i have no one to talk to. i feel some ppl say don't keep it because the father won't be there & what other ppl will think of that...about me , but that doesn't matter to me, i just feel i need support emotionally and mentally, because i feel i can do it, but others are giving me that doubt. thanks

Quoting ccoyle4:

I was 19, working a part time job when my now husband (then boyfriend) left me because I didn't want an abortion. I kept our son and things worked out fine. Good luck in your decision.

ccoyle4
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Once now hubby and I split up, I didn't think he would ever come around. We were very off and on when I was pregnant. I didn't even tell him when I went into labor. Lol.

Fast forward...5 years later we are married, have a 4yo, and we are trying for our second baby.

Quoting Honeycombs456:

thanks! everyone opinions really means alot to me, at times i feel i have no one to talk to. i feel some ppl say don't keep it because the father won't be there & what other ppl will think of that...about me , but that doesn't matter to me, i just feel i need support emotionally and mentally, because i feel i can do it, but others are giving me that doubt. thanks

Quoting ccoyle4:

IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
See that's where you need to stop them and tell them to leave you alone. Tell them you know it's not gonna be easy, BUT be strong and you CAN so this :) there are groups on here for single moms :) alot of women do it and alot of women are happy :)
One day down the line you will find someone to take care I you and baby. :) someone that will love you for who you are :)
And then if you decide to give it up for adoption there will be a family out there that is amazingly great full for everything you give them !!! This decision is your own. No one can make it for you.
You need to lock yourself in your room and make a list of every pro and con for both adoption and keeping the baby :)
And then after deep consideration which sounds like you have a lil while, you will come up with a decision and everything will work out.
Here's the best of luck to you and if you ever need to talk I'm here you can pm me any time :)

Quoting Honeycombs456:

i'm not sure now because of other ppl telling me ,"well it isnt easy" "it can be real hard" "are you sure you can do it by yourself"... && its making me question myself and have doubt. i think i'm going to keep it because i feel this is a God gift and i do think I'd be a great mom. just didn't want to have to do it ALL by myself. THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE:)
mushmom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM
3 moms liked this
You need to do what you feel in your heart is right. Do not let anyone else persuade you. Of course it will be hard. It would be hard with the baby's father helping as well. Your mom sounds awesome. She'll probably be better help than the dad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN