Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ive read u should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day ! who does this? i don't like drinking water much, it just doesn't have a taste that i like. so i went to no water to ,2-3 a day ...little cups. and milk, i never liked. what other things can i drink or do u have to keep fluids anyway?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Replies (21-30):
nsrush83
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Nope, doesnt have that either. I lists water and natural fruit flavor, thats it. I checked before I bought it.

Quoting Duquesne:

Sucrolose/Splenda. Isn't much better than aspartame. Plain old water is still best.

Quoting nsrush83:

I looked at the ingredients..no aspertaime or anthing like that.

Quoting Randi02:

It's sweetened with artificial sweeteners, which are worse than sugar :( They should be avoided, especially when pregnant.

Quoting nsrush83:

I LOVE milk...I drink it alot. I am like you, I HATE water but am trying to drink 2 bottles a day (32 ounces). I did find some flavored water I like, so it makes it easier. Its the Nestle Life Splash. It tastes like Kool Aide, but with no sugar or anything added.

Duquesne
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM
click here to see ingredients

Perhaps you just missed it. I don't care either way. I choose not to partake in chemically altered drinks, but many do with little to no side effect:)

Quoting nsrush83:

Nope, doesnt have that either. I lists water and natural fruit flavor, thats it. I checked before I bought it.

Quoting Duquesne:

Sucrolose/Splenda. Isn't much better than aspartame. Plain old water is still best.

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Randi02:

It's sweetened with artificial sweeteners, which are worse than sugar :( They should be avoided, especially when pregnant.

Quoting nsrush83:

I LOVE milk...I drink it alot. I am like you, I HATE water but am trying to drink 2 bottles a day (32 ounces). I did find some flavored water I like, so it makes it easier. Its the Nestle Life Splash. It tastes like Kool Aide, but with no sugar or anything added.

nsrush83
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM

No offense, but I have a bottle of flavored water and it has no aspertaime or artificial sweeteners. I dont understand why you are determined to make me out to be a liar, I dont think  you are intentionally doing it, but you are doing it. Granted, the bottle I have infront of me is the Aquafina brand of the flavored water, but they both had the same on the bottle. You dont have to believe me, but please stop quoting me.

ETA: and even IF you are right (which based on the list on the bottle, your not) for someone that HATES water, this is better than alot of coke.

Quoting Duquesne:

Perhaps you just missed it. I don't care either way. I choose not to partake in chemically altered drinks, but many do with little to no side effect:)

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting nsrush83:

Amycapl
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM

sugar free, yes... diet.. NO!! anything with those "fake" sugars (aspartame, splenda, sweet n low, etc) is bad bad bad!!  

Quoting Honeycombs456:

so only drink sugar free / diet drinks if its not water?

Quoting Amycapl:

i drink tons of water daily. And tea. occasionally juice but there's too much sugar in it to drink it often.  you could add lemon or other fruits to your water... strawberry, apple, grape, cucumber.  You could also do fizzy water. the kind with no sugar (and no fake sugar, either)

CafeMom Tickers
Duquesne
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Aquafina is not made by nestle. Lol. You're ridiculous. Lol. I'm not "making you out to be a liar." You're apparently talking about a completely different drink than the one you originally mentioned. Lol. Thanks for the laugh this morning. Simmer down now:)

ETA: even aquafina's flavor splash has sucralose. :)

Quoting nsrush83:

No offense, but I have a bottle of flavored water and it has no aspertaime or artificial sweeteners. I dont understand why you are determined to make me out to be a liar, I dont thinkĀ  you are intentionally doing it, but you are doing it. Granted, the bottle I have infront of me is the Aquafina brand of the flavored water, but they both had the same on the bottle. You dont have to believe me, but please stop quoting me.

ETA: and even IF you are right (which based on the list on the bottle, your not) for someone that HATES water, this is better than alot of coke.

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting nsrush83:

nsrush83
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM

um, I KNOW Aquafine is not made by nestle...which is why I stated I had the Aquafine infront of me instead of Nestle. Originally I was talking about Nestle, but ran out and got Aquafina. I mentioned the Nestle first because it tastes better than the Aquafina. Which, AGAIN is why I stated in my last reply that I had the Aquafine in front of me at this moment. See my quotein red.

Quoting Duquesne:

Aquafina is not made by nestle. Lol. You're ridiculous. Lol. I'm not "making you out to be a liar." You're apparently talking about a completely different drink than the one you originally mentioned. Lol. Thanks for the laugh this morning. Simmer down now:)

Quoting nsrush83:

No offense, but I have a bottle of flavored water and it has no aspertaime or artificial sweeteners. I dont understand why you are determined to make me out to be a liar, I dont think  you are intentionally doing it, but you are doing it. Granted, the bottle I have infront of me is the Aquafina brand of the flavored water, but they both had the same on the bottle. You dont have to believe me, but please stop quoting me.

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting nsrush83:

nikkib_3687
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

You could try adding fruits to water, I could only drink water with lemon for a few days, and sometimes have to do that still, to make sure I drink enough water. Or try naturally sweetened drinks, some flavored waters with fake sugars are better than nothing sometimes, as long as you aren't drinking it constantly. 

As for constipation, I drink roughly 100oz of water a day, and still have issues with constipation, some women just have issues with it while pregnant.

Duquesne
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Aquafina flavor splash?

Also has Sucralose. You're not lying just mistaken:) please, post a picture of the ingredient list and I'll eat my foot:). On the aquafina website, sucralose is a listed ingredient.

There's really no reason to get worked up here:). If you have no issues, go forth and drink. Some people opt to steer clear of artificial sweeteners.

Quoting nsrush83:

um, I KNOW Aquafine is not made by nestle...which is why I stated I had the Aquafine infront of me instead of Nestle. Originally I was talking about Nestle, but ran out and got Aquafina. I mentioned the Nestle first because it tastes better than the Aquafina. Which, AGAIN is why I stated in my last reply that I had the Aquafine in front of me at this moment. See my quotein red.

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting nsrush83:

nsrush83
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I dont feel the need to post anything. I get you are trying to help, but your just being combative (I can admit I am too). I know what the list says and dont feel the need to prove anything. I was just giving the OP a suggestion. I have a sick child to take care of, (in addition to my nausea). I am sure u will think that since I wont post a photo that that means I am wrong, and thats ok I have better things to do with my time. Have a good day.

Quoting Duquesne:

Aquafina flavor splash?

Also has Sucralose. You're not lying just mistaken:) please, post a picture of the ingredient list and I'll eat my foot:). On the aquafina website, sucralose is a listed ingredient.

There's really no reason to get worked up here:). If you have no issues, go forth and drink. Some people opt to steer clear of artificial sweeteners.

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting nsrush83:

Duquesne
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Sick kids are no fun. :( hope s/he feels better soon.

And I am not being combative:) I think people should be aware of what they partake in:). I'm sure that everything is a-ok:). I simply choose not to---as some others do too.

Hope your nausea goes away. Peppermint tea may offer some relief

Quoting nsrush83:

I dont feel the need to post anything. I get you are trying to help, but your just being combative (I can admit I am too). I know what the list says and dont feel the need to prove anything. I was just giving the OP a suggestion. I have a sick child to take care of, (in addition to my nausea). I am sure u will think that since I wont post a photo that that means I am wrong, and thats ok I have better things to do with my time. Have a good day.

Quoting Duquesne:

Aquafina flavor splash?

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting nsrush83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured