Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ive read u should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day ! who does this? i don't like drinking water much, it just doesn't have a taste that i like. so i went to no water to ,2-3 a day ...little cups. and milk, i never liked. what other things can i drink or do u have to keep fluids anyway?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Replies (31-37):
nsrush83
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Thank you, I may try that. Do you know if those ginger suckers work?

Quoting Duquesne:

Sick kids are no fun. :( hope s/he feels better soon.

And I am not being combative:) I think people should be aware of what they partake in:). I'm sure that everything is a-ok:). I simply choose not to---as some others do too.

Hope your nausea goes away. Peppermint tea may offer some relief

Quoting nsrush83:

I dont feel the need to post anything. I get you are trying to help, but your just being combative (I can admit I am too). I know what the list says and dont feel the need to prove anything. I was just giving the OP a suggestion. I have a sick child to take care of, (in addition to my nausea). I am sure u will think that since I wont post a photo that that means I am wrong, and thats ok I have better things to do with my time. Have a good day.

Quoting Duquesne:

Aquafina flavor splash?

Also has Sucralose. You're not lying just mistaken:) please, post a picture of the ingredient list and I'll eat my foot:). On the aquafina website, sucralose is a listed ingredient.

There's really no reason to get worked up here:). If you have no issues, go forth and drink. Some people opt to steer clear of artificial sweeteners.

Quoting nsrush83:

um, I KNOW Aquafine is not made by nestle...which is why I stated I had the Aquafine infront of me instead of Nestle. Originally I was talking about Nestle, but ran out and got Aquafina. I mentioned the Nestle first because it tastes better than the Aquafina. Which, AGAIN is why I stated in my last reply that I had the Aquafine in front of me at this moment. See my quotein red.

Quoting Duquesne:

Aquafina is not made by nestle. Lol. You're ridiculous. Lol. I'm not "making you out to be a liar." You're apparently talking about a completely different drink than the one you originally mentioned. Lol. Thanks for the laugh this morning. Simmer down now:)

Quoting nsrush83:

No offense, but I have a bottle of flavored water and it has no aspertaime or artificial sweeteners. I dont understand why you are determined to make me out to be a liar, I dont think  you are intentionally doing it, but you are doing it. Granted, the bottle I have infront of me is the Aquafina brand of the flavored water, but they both had the same on the bottle. You dont have to believe me, but please stop quoting me.

ETA: and even IF you are right (which based on the list on the bottle, your not) for someone that HATES water, this is better than alot of coke.

Quoting Duquesne:

click here to see ingredients

Perhaps you just missed it. I don't care either way. I choose not to partake in chemically altered drinks, but many do with little to no side effect:)

Quoting nsrush83:

Nope, doesnt have that either. I lists water and natural fruit flavor, thats it. I checked before I bought it.

Quoting Duquesne:

Sucrolose/Splenda. Isn't much better than aspartame. Plain old water is still best.

Quoting nsrush83:

I looked at the ingredients..no aspertaime or anthing like that.

Quoting Randi02:

It's sweetened with artificial sweeteners, which are worse than sugar :( They should be avoided, especially when pregnant.

Quoting nsrush83:

I LOVE milk...I drink it alot. I am like you, I HATE water but am trying to drink 2 bottles a day (32 ounces). I did find some flavored water I like, so it makes it easier. Its the Nestle Life Splash. It tastes like Kool Aide, but with no sugar or anything added.

Duquesne
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I've never had much luck with ginger. But I know some that swear by them or Preggo pops. Peppermint sucking candies help me too when I'm not at home. Maybe there's something to the "sucking on something!" Morning sickness bites. Hopefully it packs up and goes for you. It's twice as bad when you have other kiddos at home to tend to. Also small meals. I was always more nauseous on an empty stomach.

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

And I am not being combative:) I think people should be aware of what they partake in:). I'm sure that everything is a-ok:). I simply choose not to---as some others do too.

Quoting nsrush83:

I dont feel the need to post anything. I get you are trying to help, but your just being combative (I can admit I am too). I know what the list says and dont feel the need to prove anything. I was just giving the OP a suggestion. I have a sick child to take care of, (in addition to my nausea). I am sure u will think that since I wont post a photo that that means I am wrong, and thats ok I have better things to do with my time. Have a good day.

Quoting Duquesne:

Aquafina flavor splash?

Also has Sucralose. You're not lying just mistaken:) please, post a picture of the ingredient list and I'll eat my foot:). On the aquafina website, sucralose is a listed ingredient.

There's really no reason to get worked up here:). If you have no issues, go forth and drink. Some people opt to steer clear of artificial sweeteners.

Quoting nsrush83:

um, I KNOW Aquafine is not made by nestle...which is why I stated I had the Aquafine infront of me instead of Nestle. Originally I was talking about Nestle, but ran out and got Aquafina. I mentioned the Nestle first because it tastes better than the Aquafina. Which, AGAIN is why I stated in my last reply that I had the Aquafine in front of me at this moment. See my quotein red.

Quoting Duquesne:

Aquafina is not made by nestle. Lol. You're ridiculous. Lol. I'm not "making you out to be a liar." You're apparently talking about a completely different drink than the one you originally mentioned. Lol. Thanks for the laugh this morning. Simmer down now:)

Quoting nsrush83:

No offense, but I have a bottle of flavored water and it has no aspertaime or artificial sweeteners. I dont understand why you are determined to make me out to be a liar, I dont think  you are intentionally doing it, but you are doing it. Granted, the bottle I have infront of me is the Aquafina brand of the flavored water, but they both had the same on the bottle. You dont have to believe me, but please stop quoting me.

ETA: and even IF you are right (which based on the list on the bottle, your not) for someone that HATES water, this is better than alot of coke.

Quoting Duquesne:

Perhaps you just missed it. I don't care either way. I choose not to partake in chemically altered drinks, but many do with little to no side effect:)

Quoting nsrush83:

Nope, doesnt have that either. I lists water and natural fruit flavor, thats it. I checked before I bought it.

Quoting Duquesne:

Sucrolose/Splenda. Isn't much better than aspartame. Plain old water is still best.

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Randi02:

It's sweetened with artificial sweeteners, which are worse than sugar :( They should be avoided, especially when pregnant.

Quoting nsrush83:

I LOVE milk...I drink it alot. I am like you, I HATE water but am trying to drink 2 bottles a day (32 ounces). I did find some flavored water I like, so it makes it easier. Its the Nestle Life Splash. It tastes like Kool Aide, but with no sugar or anything added.

JLCrunch
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I'm bad with water consumption too so I picked up some MIO drops to add to it to give it some flavor.

butterflycircle
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I believe you are suppose to drink 1/2 of your body weight in water a day. Say you weigh 150lbs soooo you drink 75oz of water a day. 

I aim to drink at least 7 16oz water bottles a day. This puts me just over 100oz of water a day and I currently weigh over 200lbs so this works out well for me. I only drink water anyways. I don't like milk and I try to stay away from juice b/c of the extra carbs and sugars. This also helps me not to be snacking so much and eat less too. I keep my water bottle filled and close most of the time. When I go to my moms house the first thing I do it et a big glass of water too. Drinking water helps to flush out the extra water in your body and reduce swelling too. 

nsrush83
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I had never heard of them with my first pregnancy....I had NO symptoms with my first..this one I have ALL of them, LOL!

I want to apologize for being rude earlier, I am usually not like that..

Quoting Duquesne:

I've never had much luck with ginger. But I know some that swear by them or Preggo pops. Peppermint sucking candies help me too when I'm not at home. Maybe there's something to the "sucking on something!" Morning sickness bites. Hopefully it packs up and goes for you. It's twice as bad when you have other kiddos at home to tend to. Also small meals. I was always more nauseous on an empty stomach.

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Aquafina flavor splash?

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting nsrush83:

Duquesne
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM
My first was symptom free. My second was a big pain! Yuck!

No hard feelings:) I wasn't intending to sound combative or muck up your already difficult day.

Quoting nsrush83:

I had never heard of them with my first pregnancy....I had NO symptoms with my first..this one I have ALL of them, LOL!

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Aquafina flavor splash?

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting nsrush83:

nsrush83
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM

At least I am not the only one!

I actually was the instigator. I shouldnt have taken my day out on  you.

Quoting Duquesne:

My first was symptom free. My second was a big pain! Yuck!

No hard feelings:) I wasn't intending to sound combative or muck up your already difficult day.

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Aquafina flavor splash?

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting nsrush83:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting nsrush83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured