Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Heart palpitations at 15wk

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

Just turned 15wk yesterday and I have been noticing for the past 3 weeks I get these weird heart palpitations where it feels like a chug chug type of beat. They are not constant and I don't get them everyday but was wondering if anyone had felt their heart beat "chug" a little. It's a little hard to explain but I guess I could best describe it with that "chug chug" feeling that the car gets when it's about to run out of gas. I have an appt with my dr soon and I'm going to bring it up and see what it could be...crossing fingers it's "normal".

-Side note : I just read that in this week's "overview" on my phone app that my heart has been working harder and producing more oxygen and blood flow to the baby.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Yep--the extra blood flow can be part cause of it.  I had them a lot a few pregnancies.  I just rested and took deep breaths when they started.  But, I would still bring it up with your doctor to make sure everything is truley ok! 

ElliesMommyy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Yes! Actually the other night before I took a HPT I had the fluttery heart palpations for a sec, (which I had with my DD) and I KNEW I was pregnant!

mhoelzer2988
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM
yes its normal. ive had it and still have it not being pregnant before im fixing to start my period and when im stressed

Quoting simpleesr23:

Just turned 15wk yesterday and I have been noticing for the past 3 weeks I get these weird heart palpitations where it feels like a chug chug type of beat. They are not constant and I don't get them everyday but was wondering if anyone had felt their heart beat "chug" a little. It's a little hard to explain but I guess I could best describe it with that "chug chug" feeling that the car gets when it's about to run out of gas. I have an appt with my dr soon and I'm going to bring it up and see what it could be...crossing fingers it's "normal".

-Side note : I just read that in this week's "overview" on my phone app that my heart has been working harder and producing more oxygen and blood flow to the baby.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mhoelzer2988
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM
as someone else said deep breaths helps some

Quoting simpleesr23:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN