Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Colestatsis in pregnancy.

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

My doctor thinks I have colestatsis. I'll be 35 weeks pregnant on Wednesday and I go back tomorrow to find out for sure. She started me on Urisodol twice a day. Does anyone know if I will have to deliver asap or anything. I'm also diabetic. I'm really worried about how this will affect my son. Any advice or information is welcomed. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:27 PM
No idea!! I've been itching a lot lately all over my body and I'm wondering if I might have that..? Are there other symptoms? Some nights I take Benedryl to go to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poeticrose09
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I cant take Benedryl becuase I'm highly allergic (go figure) but I also have some slight pain in my right side along with intense itching where I scratch so bad I start to bleed. Even using lotion doesnt help. Id call your doctor and ask though. 

Quoting Becky.Mom.of.2:

No idea!! I've been itching a lot lately all over my body and I'm wondering if I might have that..? Are there other symptoms? Some nights I take Benedryl to go to sleep.

poeticrose09
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Amycapl
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:55 PM

i had it with my first and it was miserable. my only symptom was non stop, aggressive itching.  it took them a long time to figure out what it was and by the time they did, i was already scheduled the next day for my section (breach).  My dr told me this time around that i may develop it again but that it's treatable with medication.  

CafeMom Tickers
Randi02
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I had it with my fourth pregnancy.
They did weekly bile acid tests to monitor levels, and I had a c section at 37 weeks 6 days. My OB delivers between 35-38 weeks, depending on how the levels are managed. I wanted to go as long as possible.

The relief was almost immediate after she was born. I started itching at 27-28 weeks, so it was a long last few months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poeticrose09
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM

When did they figure out what is wat?

Quoting Randi02:

They did weekly bile acid tests to monitor levels, and I had a c section at 37 weeks 6 days. My OB delivers between 35-38 weeks, depending on how the levels are managed. I wanted to go as long as possible.

The relief was almost immediate after she was born. I started itching at 27-28 weeks, so it was a long last few months.

Randi02
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:21 PM
30 weeks is when I was diagnosed. They did an ultrasound, liver function panel and a bile acid test.

I had to go for weekly blood work and biophysicals

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting Randi02:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poeticrose09
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Ugh I hate blood work. I get weekly ultrasounds done now becuase I'm high risk. Why did your doctor take her so much later after you found out. I'm unsure as to what my doctor wants to do and thats what is scary. 

Quoting Randi02:

30 weeks is when I was diagnosed. They did an ultrasound, liver function panel and a bile acid test.

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting Randi02:

Randi02
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Because my levels were stabilizing on the medication. I was still super itchy, but the levels were acceptable. No one wants a premature baby, every day they stay in there makes a difference. My doctor delivers by 38 weeks, so that was as long as he would let me go.

Quoting poeticrose09:

Ugh I hate blood work. I get weekly ultrasounds done now becuase I'm high risk. Why did your doctor take her so much later after you found out. I'm unsure as to what my doctor wants to do and thats what is scary. 

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting Randi02:

poeticrose09
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Why does he do that. I'm hoping mine lets me go as far as possible to. I'm hoping to find out more tomorrow. 

Quoting Randi02:

Because my levels were stabilizing on the medication. I was still super itchy, but the levels were acceptable. No one wants a premature baby, every day they stay in there makes a difference. My doctor delivers by 38 weeks, so that was as long as he would let me go.

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting Randi02:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)