Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Mid Stomach cramping at 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant, what could it be?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am pregnant with my 4th child due October 19th, making me 5 weeks and 2 days today. I know a little cramping is normal from my last 3 children, but this is the third time in the last few days that I have had cramping in my middle stomach area, not my pelvic area.  I'm just wondering if it is normal to cramp in the middle of the stomach during this part of pregnancy, if it is a sign of me overdoing myself, or if it could mean something else?

The reason I ask if it could be overdoing myself, is because since Thursday I have been spring cleaning, Thursday i completed sorting my whole living room, Friday I sorted the entire kitchen, Saturday I was really sick with a cold (2 of my 3 kids had the flu last week), and yesterday only did dishes and laundry.  During those days I had mid stomach cramping at night.  Except Saturday because I was too lazy to do anything not feeling well.  Today I was feeling slightly crappy because my throat is hurting slightly but decided to try and sort through my daughters toys, well not even 20 mins into it I noticed the cramping again and it the middle stomach, it started hurting pretty good and since I have had issues with my back since December I decided to sit and relax because I feel wierd before my back spazes.  And now the cramping in the middle stomach is still coming but its eased up alot and not as sharp, which makes me believe I should just relax.  I just would like other mom's opinions on, if this just happens during pregnancy sometimes, if its a sign of overpushing myself, or if it could be something else.  I want as healthy of a pregnancy as possible so input would be greatly appriciated

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MinnickMama
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:50 PM

BUMP!

carolina_gal
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM
xLilBit22
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM
If u feel ur over doing urself, slow down and relax. Hope u feel better
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
true-love-21
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I think u need to slow down and breathe
mhoelzer2988
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:58 PM
id ask ur dr, when I was pregnant last time I rode 4 wheelers and when I asked my dr if it was ok he said I dont see why not just know ur boundaries. so if I could ride four wheelers then u should definitely be able to clean ur house lol
mhoelzer2988
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM
however anytime u get sick pregnant or not u should always take it easy and get as much rest as possible so u can get better
nicole2884
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I got cramping early on found if i slowed down it helped
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I don't remember having that problem, but you are probably overdoing it. Take a warm bath, drink plenty of water, and take it easy for a couple days. 

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM

You could also be getting a bug, so another good reason to take it easy and hydrate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)