Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

nervous im going to be sad...

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 10 Replies
Im worried that im really going to be sad if its a boy. Im almost sure.its a biy but i want a girl.sooooo bad. Especially now that my ex fiancee and i arent together anymore, i feel i would be closer with another daughter. Of course i know im going to love the baby no matter what boy or girl but i just go to feel horrible if it really gets me down if its a boy. Anyone feel this way too?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichaelsMom0711
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I was feeling this way too but I was afraid I would be disappointed if it was a girl. I have a 19 month old son now and we found out at 15 weeks (because I couldn't wait so we went to a 3d place!) that this one is another boy! Both times I felt guilty though, with my first and with this one, because I was hoping for a boy so much more than a girl. I don't think you can really help how you feel about gender preferences, I know I was trying to talk myself into wanting a girl that week leading up to the 3d u/s just so I didn't cry or get upset if they didn't say boy, but it still didn't work. I'm pretty sure me and my SO would have come around eventually and been happy but that is one of the reasons this baby is the last one! If it is a boy just think how great that mother-son relationship is and how cute baby boys are! They are so protective of mommy and boys respect their mothers so much more and are so much easier in the teen years and growing up!

Xanbuttsmom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I felt that way with this baby. I did not want a girl. Not even a little. Everyone kept telling me they think its a girl and that just brought me more down. I even said if it is a girl its going to take me a couple weeks to get over it. Its a boy though. (not 100% till he comes out with a ween) So im happy over here :)

mushmom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I was afraid with my second that we'd be disappointed with another girl so we waited until delivery. I knew once I saw the baby there was no way I could be disappointed. It was another girl and I was not disappointed at all.
ness_uh_0630
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I really wanted a boy but only because I have 2 girls of my own already. I wanted something different, plus wanted to let my df be able to finally have his namesake. the you are havings were split  pretty equally with the boy/girls but even after we found out it was a girl my df said that his cousin was thought to be a girl for a while until they found out wayyy late that he was a boy lol. Even though I wanted a boy, I secretly wanted a girl because I know how to handle them lol

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I felt that way in the very beginning with this baby. I have two girls, I wanted a boy badly. Now I don't care anymore. I kind of want another girl to be honest.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I mean most of us have a preference, which I honestly didn't at the time but I knew I wanted 1 boy and 1 girl in any order.  My first was a boy and we both almost died.... next time, if I don't get my girl, I honestly will not have a care in the world as long as the baby and I don't have to go through that again.  Once that baby is in your arms none of that is going to matter, you are going to love him or her just the same and you will be just as close no matter what the sex, because they only have one mommy and that is you!  And little boys sure do love their mommys! :)

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:51 PM

you don't want a mama's boy?? I have 2 sons, my oldest is a total daddies boy but my youngest is a total mama's boy and it's the best feeling.

nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I was devestated. I'm talking crying my eyes out didn't even see y dr devestated. I have one boy and two girls and with all the stuff we have to deal w with my son I want a girl. I still want a girl and am holding out hope. ( baby's legs were closed so couldn't really tell). I go back tom and in a way don't want to hear its a boy again. I am slowly coming to grips w it being a boy. We have a name and picked some clothes. First time we tried buying clothes I broke down in the store so we left. It's normal. If you research gender disappointment it's a real thing ad more common in women who want girls. Good luck mama.
smyeary
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:58 PM
You are not the only one. When I go to the doctor for my u/s they will say you are having a boy.. I am afraid I will go home crying. I am seriously afraid to find out. Having 3 boys and wanting a baby girl badly. I've been upset with friend of mine who gave her baby girl up for adoption almost 3 yes ago and is having another lil girl.
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM
My first my mom and sisters all where with me in the ultrasound.... its a family tradition. With my second we couldnt all be there together so i had the tech write it on a paper and put it in an envelope... we all went to olive garden. My mom, my sidters and all their kids. I had my 9 year old nephew read the gender. I was sure it was another boy. I had just put a piece of calamari in my mouth when he said "girl" .... i freaked i didnt believe it, i started crying so hard i ciuldmt even finish chewing the calamari lol probably one of the best moments of my life other than my kids births. I really want this again =( i am sure its a boy this time so i think thats helping me prepare to know. Ad much as i want a girl im sure its a boy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN