Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone have their water break, but tests came back negative at the hospital?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM
  • 19 Replies

I swear it seems like my water broke, I have been leaking fluid for a few hours now, but when I went to the hospital, the ph paper thing came back negative. So they sent me home. But every time I have been sitting or laying for a bit, then stand up, some fluid leaks out. And enough for me to know it isn't discharge, and it is not pee, lol.

Has anyone else here had their water break, but the tests were negative?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM

peed your pants? Discharge?  

nikkib_3687
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM

It isn't pee, and it only comes out when I stand up, and it gushes out in little "spurts" when I stand up.

Quoting EvilAsh:

Mumof2boys03
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM
6 moms liked this

I thought mine had but it's just the mucus. 

My Dr. has the best metephors... When I was talking to him about it he said Oh it's just mucus and I said well it's liquid not mucusy and he said well when my nose is running it isn't always snotty! Ha ha ha ha 

He also said if I have to change my panties it's mucus, if I have to change my socks it's my water breaking... Ha ha ha 

I love my Dr! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:14 PM

if the tests are negative, they're negative, it's not amniotic fluid. 

Quoting nikkib_3687:

It isn't pee, and it only comes out when I stand up, and it gushes out in little "spurts" when I stand up.

Quoting EvilAsh:

CafeMom Tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:26 PM

At the end of pregnancy, our discharge increases and becomes more of a water like substance, so perhaps this is it?  I have had my water leak before, and it came up negative...but, I also went a few days after the fact when it was already sealed up.  I knew it was my water leaking too because while it collected in my underwear, it also was liquidy enough to start leaking down my legs too...sorry tmi

nikkib_3687
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Lol, mine does the same thing. It keeps leaking just enough to go down my legs, and it has made a little pool on the floor even. But no huge gush, so it is weird.

I am starting to get contractions now, so I guess we will see if those keep up or get worse

Quoting meam4444:

At the end of pregnancy, our discharge increases and becomes more of a water like substance, so perhaps this is it?  I have had my water leak before, and it came up negative...but, I also went a few days after the fact when it was already sealed up.  I knew it was my water leaking too because while it collected in my underwear, it also was liquidy enough to start leaking down my legs too...sorry tmi

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Mine didnt leak it just gushed and I could feel and hear it break so idk
EmmaGlenn20
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I've never had that happen, no. I've had a couple of false alarms this time around though, where I more or less peed myself and thought it was my water haha
luvmylilbean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM

My best friend's water broke (it was really obvious) and they did the ph test at the hospital and it was negative. She insisted it had broken so they did another test (I believe it was a different type of test) and that showed it had broken. She had her baby the next day, 4 months ago.

LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM

If the test is neg, its either pee or discharge......even if it gushes when you stand, or smell

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN