Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

excited first time mom scared of doing this alone

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hi everyone! I am having a very hard pregnancy and I am reaching out for support.  I couldn't be more excited about my baby girl however my living situation leaves much to be desired.  I live with the father but he is not dealing with the changes and creating a very unhealthy living environment.  I am ill and have been off of work since November looking at unemployment and do not have a support group to speak of.  I am here hoping to meet moms in all situations that are interested in support and advice.  Thank you all for reading this post, I look forward to meeting you all!

Karen

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carolina_gal
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Hi Karen,

I'm sorry to hera that you're going through a rough time. We're always here to listen.

ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM

i feel you. im pretty much in the same situation it seems. im only 17 weeks but i fear by the end itll just be me. just remember sometimes its better to be alone and be a kick ass momma than to end up being subpar because of the situation you are in.. i worry about that.. that my child will suffer because i didnt do enough or wasnt strong enough to do what was best. 

it breaks my heart because this is my miracle baby. i prayed for a long time for him/her and thus far my whole pregnancy has been full of tears, stress, and a constantly broken heart. this may be my only child so i especially want to enjoy every ache and pain of pregnancy. i ant to spoil them with what i can but SO refuses to even consent to a new crib. tge one we have is a broken hand me down. 

i could go on all day.. but jus know you are not alone.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Welcome to the group, Karen. I hope you make yourself at home here.  This is a group of loving ladies.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Welcome to the group and congrats! I am really sorry that it isn't going well. Do you feel like he could become a danger to you or the baby?

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM

welcome Karen and congrats!! no one said it would be easy, they just said it would be worth it. I know that doesn't help much now, but if you want this, you can do this.

ShutterFreak03
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Hi, you are so not alone. life is complicated
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trista4
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Welcome and congratulations on baby!! Keep your head up and just know u will be a great mom! :-) lots of single mamas out in this world that kick ass ur never alone.
mySofia
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I don't think he is a physical danger, just major emotional damage being done. His hostility is coming out verbally

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Welcome to the group and congrats! I am really sorry that it isn't going well. Do you feel like he could become a danger to you or the baby?

merinasmommy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM
welcome.i just had my baby boy a month ago.i raise 2 alone because their father was trhe same way and i even went threw delivery alone.pm me if you need to talk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Sorry to hear the situation isn't the best. I really hope that things start to look up quickly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)