Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

to all those who commented on my ultrasound post whenever i want...

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this
Thank for those of you who were just nice and answered my question all I wanted to know was if I could schedule an ultrasound to see my baby. To the people who were hating on me having state medical saying I should use the tax payers money... I have a job and I work very hard for everything I have. Just because I have state medical does not mean I'm some digenerate out on the street... a lot of people with jobs have state medical because they either don't work enough for medical threw their work or their work doesn't provide medical. I pay my taxes and I am working for my child and so is my bf. I'm 20 years old and I'm going to he one hell of a good mother to this baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
puddinpopsmama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Ignore the cafemom bitches they think they support anyone who gets any assistance and that if u get assistance ur a lazy useless peice of trash. They are just ignorant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbear1992
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I can tell holy crap.. everyone has been so nice to me until I brought up I had state medical now its I'm some useless piece of shit.. I have a job and work 35-40 hours a week pregnant stand the whole time (I'm a cashier) it sucks but I'm doing it for my son.

Quoting puddinpopsmama:

Ignore the cafemom bitches they think they support anyone who gets any assistance and that if u get assistance ur a lazy useless peice of trash. They are just ignorant.

kayleesmom42328
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM
The best thing you can do is ignore most of the women on here. I read your other post. Most insurances only pay for 1 or 2 u/s. I have a state medical card also. They only pay for 2. Anymore than that it has to be pre approved & for medical reasons, because you are high risk or have medical problems like diabetics. I'm high risk due to a history of miscarriage but my dr only does 2 u/s. I had bleeding with my last pregnancy last yr, had a u/s at 9 wks & my dr told me before my 20 wk u/a that my med card would pay for it but any after this I would have to pay out of pocket. I was told the same thing with this pregnancy when I had spotting & they did u/s to check everything.
You may want to talk to your case worker for your card or call the number on the back to ask them about u/s. like some of the women said its not safe to have a lot of u/s. That is why most dr only do them when they need to. The dr can't stop you from going to get one though.
Just be sure the person that does it knows what they are doing.
JadeTigr7
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I don't think people were hating on you for having state medical, what they were saying is that you're wasting the money on an unneeded ultrasound and on top of that, you're risking your child just because YOU want to see them.  You're not thinking of the risks to your child.

I was on state medical with my first because my insurance didn't cover any doctor in my area, so that was my only choice.  I don't condemn you for being on state medicaid.  I however didn't ask for ten million ultrasounds.  With that pregnancy I had one ultrasound and that was all I needed because my baby and I were healthy and I wasn't willing to risk my child. 

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Wow, didn't see another post, but sorry to hear you're having a hard time.   The Pregnancy Group is a great and supportive community, I hope it has been welcoming here for you.    (Be sure to Report any one that is not!)

I use medicaid with my pregnancies so there are ultrasounds covered, but I don't do any ultrasounds to avoid unnecessary exposure.      I encourage you to avoid unnecessary risks for a safer experience-  GL!
:-)

kbear1992
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I've had 3 with baby so far one at 8 weeks to see how far I was, and two ananomy scans due to him not wanting to sit still during the first one. I am conciderd a abnormal case because I have a bicornuate uterus and I just want to make sure he is OK. I feel like he is stuck on the right side and wont move to the left side of my uterus. Also this is my first child and I'm so scares I'm messed him up for some reason

Quoting JadeTigr7:

I don't think people were hating on you for having state medical, what they were saying is that you're wasting the money on an unneeded ultrasound and on top of that, you're risking your child just because YOU want to see them.  You're not thinking of the risks to your child.

I was on state medical with my first because my insurance didn't cover any doctor in my area, so that was my only choice.  I don't condemn you for being on state medicaid.  I however didn't ask for ten million ultrasounds.  With that pregnancy I had one ultrasound and that was all I needed because my baby and I were healthy and I wasn't willing to risk my child. 

JadeTigr7
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Okay, but if the doctor doesn't order one then s/he doesn't feel its necessary, and there ARE risks to U/S.  No one attacked you in that other post.  I'm sorry that you felt that way, but with the information you provided on the post it was only about YOU, not about your child.

Quoting kbear1992:

I've had 3 with baby so far one at 8 weeks to see how far I was, and two ananomy scans due to him not wanting to sit still during the first one. I am conciderd a abnormal case because I have a bicornuate uterus and I just want to make sure he is OK. I feel like he is stuck on the right side and wont move to the left side of my uterus. Also this is my first child and I'm so scares I'm messed him up for some reason

Quoting JadeTigr7:

kbear1992
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Thank you for the nice answer. I just want to be sure my baby is OK like I posted in the comment above I have a bicornuate uterus and I'm scared he's stuck on the right side

Quoting doulala:

Wow, didn't see another post, but sorry to hear you're having a hard time.   The Pregnancy Group is a great and supportive community, I hope it has been welcoming here for you.    (Be sure to Report any one that is not!)

I use medicaid with my pregnancies so there are ultrasounds covered, but I don't do any ultrasounds to avoid unnecessary exposure.      I encourage you to avoid unnecessary risks for a safer experience-  GL!

ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

yuck. ignore the stupid people. i have medicaid and i work a 40+ week. screw them. im working hard for my child and was rsponsible enough to get what i could so my child would be protected before they even entered this world.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Oh thanks!   And you are welcome!   ;-)

What are the concerns with being in one side?     Are you ready to labor?

Quoting kbear1992:

Thank you for the nice answer. I just want to be sure my baby is OK like I posted in the comment above I have a bicornuate uterus and I'm scared he's stuck on the right side

Quoting doulala:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)