Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Phantom Pregnancy

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

I find this fascinating that our bodies/mnds can do this. Does anyone know anyone this has happened to or had it happen to them?!

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet456
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM
What good sore body me am pregnant
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM

yea. A friend of mine had herself so convinced she was pregnant, she stopped having periods, morning sickness, sore boobies wtc and eventually started lactating (she had a baby before so supply was there and I guess just came back?)

whoopsie16
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM
yeah, I had a friend who did. she started "showing" and everything it was so weird. she missed periods and all but preggo tests were always neg. she swore up & down she felt the baby kick too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhoelzer2988
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I'm skeptical about this but I know you can imagine yourself having symptoms that you don't really have because youre more in tuned with your body than usually are.

Journeysmama11
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:09 PM

It's kinda scary what your mind is capable of!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know anyone. It sure proves how strong our minds are though. If your mind can make your body think it's pregnant think about how much power your thoughts have during labor and delivery.

Journeysmama11
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Quoting ittyprincess604:

yea. A friend of mine had herself so convinced she was pregnant, she stopped having periods, morning sickness, sore boobies wtc and eventually started lactating (she had a baby before so supply was there and I guess just came back?)

Did she "go into labor"? or talk about the "baby" like it was really here? Do you know why, like was she scared of becoming pregnant or want to be pregnant again?

Journeysmama11
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Quoting whoopsie16:

yeah, I had a friend who did. she started "showing" and everything it was so weird. she missed periods and all but preggo tests were always neg. she swore up & down she felt the baby kick too!

Did your friend "go into labor"? talk about the "baby"? Did she start lactating?  Do you know if this was due to a fear of pregnancy or a desire to be pregnant? Has she ever had any other kid before or afer this?

Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:26 PM

It's crazy, for sure!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:58 PM
So weird!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)