Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnancy after miscarriage? (PIOG)

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone,

I had my first miscarriage in 2007 at 9 weeks pregnant and went on to have a healthy baby girl in 2008. Basically I conceived immediately after the miscarriage. On January 23rd my husbanda nd I discovered we were expecting again and 2 weeks later I miscarried at 5 weeks pregnant. After the miscarriage I was looking for my false hope and had my positive pregnancy test and knew it wasn't real, but still hoping. Once I passed to what I believe was the fetus I took another test a day later with a negative result. I wanted that confirmation that I was no longer pregnant so I could know when we got another positive that it would or could possibly be real. Rather than just guessing if it was miscarriage hormones or not. 

Anyway, today I took a pregnancy test and it's positive again. I'm waiting for my doctors office to call back, but in the mean time I'm wondering has this happened to anyone else and it turned out to be a pregnancy? Or would this still be hormones from the miscarraige? I know it can be either way, which is why I'm waiting for the doctor and the only way to know for sure. Just looking to hear what others experienced in this situation?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry for your losses.

It could very well be leftover hormones. But you are also very fertile after a miscarriage so it could be real. You should ask for a blood test. Good luck!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I'm not sure.

I got pregnant the month after I miscarried & had a healthy baby girl.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Good thoughts hun!

Proudmommy0610
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Sorry for your losses I miscarried in July and then two months later got pregnant. I'm five and half months now so it does happen. A friend of mine had something similar to your situation and they discovered upon further testing that her cervix needed to be sewn shut for her to carry to almost full term her daughter is now six. Hope all goes well
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN