Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

3rd ultrasound..

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 15 Replies
Apparently this baby is in some strange position. The u/s tech couldn't find all the body parts. I had the same problem with my other son. Is this common for others? Or is it the way I carry a baby?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Well I havent had the problem, but I do think its normal.

jeh81489
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I have not had this problem either, but I do believe that baby's get into weird positions.

expecting baby

butterflymama21
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Have not had that problem but we had 3D ultrasound with my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I haven't had that problem either. Some parts must be directly in front of the other parts hiding them. Or your placenta could be in the way.

BrittsJade
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM
They said the baby's spine is facing mine.. But how is he supposed to be positioned right now? They act like it's something they've never seen or something.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I haven't had that problem either. Some parts must be directly in front of the other parts hiding them. Or your placenta could be in the way.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM

The baby I'm preggo with right now had his spine facing mine. It took a while but he eventually shifted just enough for her to take a couple quick shots of his spine before he turned back. We were in there for about a hour, went away to get some sugar in my system to try to get him to move, and then came back and it was probably another 15 minutes to half hour after that. If he hadn't shifted I would have had to come back because they need that picture of the spine. However she said everything else was super easy to get pics of. Lol! She made it sound very normal and I've known several people who had to go back for another u/s after the baby wouldn't shift positions. :-)

Quoting BrittsJade:

They said the baby's spine is facing mine.. But how is he supposed to be positioned right now? They act like it's something they've never seen or something.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I have no idea. I wonder if your spines are lining up in the ultrasound or something.

Quoting BrittsJade:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

happy41ce
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:11 AM
You need to drink water to make your fluid clearer.. Worked with my 4 kids
BrittsJade
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:13 AM
The u/s tech was getting obviously exasperated w/her sighs & huffs..so I asked her if there was anything I could do, if she wanted me to walk around or something. She said no. That would make sense to get something sweet to get the baby to stay moving around.

Quoting GodsAmiga:

The baby I'm preggo with right now had his spine facing mine. It took a while but he eventually shifted just enough for her to take a couple quick shots of his spine before he turned back. We were in there for about a hour, went away to get some sugar in my system to try to get him to move, and then came back and it was probably another 15 minutes to half hour after that. If he hadn't shifted I would have had to come back because they need that picture of the spine. However she said everything else was super easy to get pics of. Lol! She made it sound very normal and I've known several people who had to go back for another u/s after the baby wouldn't shift positions. :-)

Quoting BrittsJade:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

BrittsJade
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I don't drink anything other than 20oz of water one hr before my ultrasounds.

Quoting happy41ce:

You need to drink water to make your fluid clearer.. Worked with my 4 kids
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)