Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

WHO IS EXPECTING?VAGINAL BIRTH VS C SECTION WICH 1 WOULD U CHOOSE

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
  • 61 Replies

HI WELL IM 10 WEEKS NOW AND I HAVE 3 KIDS AT THE MOMENT ,SO MY DR. TELLS ME THAT I CAN CHOOSE C SECTION OR VAGINAL BIRTH CAUSE MY LAST KID WAS C SECTION IM AT RISK FOR MY SCAR TO RUPTURE DURING BIRTH..PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPPINIONS...WHAT WOULD U DO...MY LAST C SECTION WAS TERRIBLE....frustrated

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I personally would try to avoid surgery, but you also have to make the best choice for you. You still have time to weigh your options.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amycapl
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM

i will be attempting a VBAC with my august delivery.  your chances of uterine rupture are 1%.  your chances of successful vaginal birth are 70%.  

CafeMom Tickers
EthansMomma2010
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I would check out the natural birth groups on here. C section is almost never ever the best option. There are rare cases that it's the right choice, but it's not nearly as often a dr would like you to believe. educate yourself and then make the decision.

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Vaginal. I have made that choice. After having 2 c-sections. Even after 2 sections the risk of rupture is minimal. Less than 1%.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rbailey2414
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I will be going for my first vbac in September! I had two vaginal births followed by a csection. I choose vaginal over csection!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I'd try for a vbac if I were you. GL.

Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM

VBAC, all the way.  The chance of rupture is super small for most women.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM

VBAC is safer if you're a candidate. The odds of uterine rupture are below 1% during labor. You're more likely to rupture during pregnancy than birth, so if you make it full term and go into labor on your own, the odds are in your favor. :) 

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM

If your doctor is supportive of a vbac (vaginal birth after cesarean) I would for sure go for the vbac. The risks of rupturing are very small. And there are a lot less other risks with a vaginal birth vs a c-section.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Health and safety are my priorities so I would never elect for a cesarean.    If it isn't needed then it's more dangerous than a normal birth.     So of course, I would encourage this for you and your deliveries, too- for the health & safety of your baby and for you.

If you do feel this way too then you might want to consider using a (different) care provider that shares your priorities.     ;-)

GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN