Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

someone please tell me what contractions feel like?!?!?!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:45 AM
  • 9 Replies

what do contractions feel like? I'm prolly tweaking but i have pains right down the middle of my tummy and it kinda feelsreally hrd and  like the baby got lower? I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow...
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Call labor and delivery and tell them what's happening. They will be able to tell you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Contractions feel like a very strong and intense menstrual cramp. Like a warm squeezing pain. They usually start of low and wrap around your sides and back. 

Is your pain coming and going? If so, how far apart and how long is it lasting? Likely it is just the way the baby is positioned that is hurting and causing the hardness.

daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:15 AM

real contractions usually hurt, alot... you are probably having braxton hicks contractions, they are practice contractions, and the baby is probably starting to drop. 

elliotmommytobe
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:26 AM
They fell like menstrual cramps but 10x worse from my experience
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kadensmom052011
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:07 AM
I can't give any advice on the contractions never had them with my first. But good luck and I agree probably Braxton hicks and my son started dropping about 32 weeks so that's probably why the baby is lower
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rachelxbby
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM

yea I didn't have them with my daughter.. I called my mom then L&D and they told me to go in, turns out its a UTI. Had me scared because I have a history or preterm labor my daughter was born at 36weeks 5days so this baby has a shance of trying to escape early too. thank you for all your replies. :)

goddiddlyumshis
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM
youll know when theyre contractions....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Contractions are really bad pains. Mine started around my belly button and radiated around to my back. The REAL contractions anyway. Also, when the pain is happening, you stomach with physically tighten. You should be able to feel it tighten and release if your hand's on your tummy.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM

When mine started, I didn't realize they were real ones at first. Mine weren't intense for hours into labor.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

youll know when theyre contractions....

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)