Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

bottle question for when breastfeeding

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM
  • 40 Replies
I wanted to know which of these brands you mommas recommend most. I'm going to need to bottle/breast feed the baby because I'm planning to go back to school (about a month or so after the baby is born is when semester starts). I'm going to have to be pumping and I want to see which are best in y'all's opinion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Basically depends on what baby will take. Slow flow nipples always and dont waste money on the big ones, bottles should be under four ounces no matter the age
lizz08
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I'm hoping this baby is like my daughter. Didn't matter the brand of bottle, as long as she got her food she was happy. But I just want to see which bottle is most used and approved by mommas when breastfeeding. With my daughter I had to stop breastfeeding for a certain situation so I never got around to bottle feeding with breast milk.
SarahMommie
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I had on baby out of three who refused bottle completely:-/ but other wise I recommend breast flow type
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM
my dd refused the bottle after a few months but at first she did like the soft brown nipples not the clear ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amycapl
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM

i used the 4 oz Medela bottles that fit up to my pump with slow flow nipples

CafeMom Tickers
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Never heard of this. Why?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Basically depends on what baby will take. Slow flow nipples always and dont waste money on the big ones, bottles should be under four ounces no matter the age

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I used Avent. And I agree with PP. Slow flow nipples and the small 4-5 oz bottles. I did 4 oz per storage bag as well.
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Because you don't want baby to develop a preference for the bottle because they can get more faster.

Quoting KristinCarr:

Never heard of this. Why?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

RedheadMama18
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Avent and Nuk Orthodontic.  

KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Is that how its supposed to be? My daighter couldnt breastfeed because my milk came out so fast she would choke and gag and then end upbprojectile vomiting everything up and wasnt gaining weight. As soon as i switched to bottles she was fine. It happened with my son too
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)