Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Previous Csection.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 17 Replies
I had a csection with my first, over two years ago. I was wondering when they plan a repeat csection, at how many weeks do they schedule it for?

This is NOT a debate on csection vs vbac. I am aware of risks and benefits of both. I have decided on a vbac, but am just curious for my own reasons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HollySmith24
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM

It depends on the Doctor, a vbac friendly doctor will give you until 42 weeks as long as baby and mommy are healthy.

virgochild79
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Well, my old OB scheduled my repeat at 39 weeks, my new OB said he wants me to go into labor but doesn't want me to go past my due date. He also said that insurance companies won't pay unless it's at least at 39 weeks unless it's for emergency reasons. I'm trying for a VBA2C, but it isn't looking promising right now. Good luck to you!

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM
A repeat is usually scheduled at 39 weeks. My 3rd would probably have barely broke 5 lbs if I'd done that. She was a peanut at 41.4.

How far ahead they schedule it depends on the doctor and hospital.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:29 AM

It depends on your provider. Some providers are seeing the wisdom in not scheduling a c-section and having mom go into labor spontaneously, because that means baby was truly ready. Baby also gets a lot of benefit from the contractions (one example, is that it helps remove some of the fluid from the baby's lungs).    : )   But, more than anything, it depends on you and knowing your rights and your medical history and making that decision. A provider can only legally do, what you consent to! 

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

I had a csection with my first, over two years ago. I was wondering when they plan a repeat csection, at how many weeks do they schedule it for?

This is a debate on csection vs vbac. I am aware of risks and benefits of both. I have decided on a vbac, but am just curious for my own reasons.

There is no scheduling a cesarean if you arent having one!
:-)

So you are hoping to hear more about these two options in a debate?

Congrats to you!

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Omg. Oops! I meant NOT a debate. Ugh *face palm* lol
Quoting doulala:

Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

This is a debate on csection vs vbac. I am aware of risks and benefits of both. I have decided on a vbac, but am just curious for my own reasons.

There is no scheduling a cesarean if you arent having one!

Congrats to you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I kinda wondered.   lol     ;-)
If a mom has a need to schedule a cesarean then it would be based on her need.   Since you don't have a need, not to worry --no scheduling!  ;-)

Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

Omg. Oops! I meant NOT a debat. Ugh *face palm* lol

Quoting doulala:

Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

There is no scheduling a cesarean if you aren't having one!

Congrats to you!

Reluctant doctors like to believe that they haven't much influence over
their patients, but that is clearly not the case. Several studies have
found that when doctors genuinely encouraged women to have VBACs, most
of them did, and when they said nothing or acted neutral, most women
didn't. Finally, when obstetricians discouraged VBAC in women who
wanted to try it,none of them did.

Henci Goer, Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM
My repeat was scheduled for 39 weeks. I wanted a vbac, so doc said I could show up in labor and refuse a c section because my hospital isn't vbac friendly. I went into labor 2 days before the scheduled c section. His heartbeat was good, but he wasn't moving, so I ended up with the c section. There were spots on my belly that didn't go numb, so it was very uncomfortable. My blood pressure dipped to 66/30. Pain management was awful. I had a bad reaction to the pitocin in my iv and it caused so much pain the morphine didn't help. Caring for my other kids is a challenge. They are 4 and 2, and either busy or clingy. No picking them up. Go for the vbac.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM

my doc will do it as early as 39 weeks or wait until your water breaks and then perform one if you don't want a vbac but won't let you go past 42

butterflycircle
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I think it is 39 weeks usually unless there are risks or complications 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN