Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Weight gain?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am four months pregnant and I keep reading that I should have gained 6 to 8 pounds by this time.  Since I got pregnant I have lost 8 pounds and have not gained any of it back.  The doctor says not to worry because I am eating healthier, but I am also eating less.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Should I be worried?  This is my first pregnancy and I seem to worry about everything.  Could I be over reacting??  Any advice will help.

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:33 PM

With my first, I lost 25 in the first 5 months and then gained it all back in the last four. 8)

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:41 PM

with my first pregnancy I gained 17 the whole time and with my second pregnancy I LOST 15... then after birth lost even more. I left the hospital 23 lbs lighter than when I got pregnant

brittany208
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:44 PM

If you are eating healthy, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some women actually LOSE weight during pregnancy because of all the puking at the beginning. Now is not the time to TRY to lose weight, but if you  know you are eating properly, then it should be fine.

kbear1992
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I lost weight the first couple months due to always being nauseous but after 12 weeks I started to gain then all of a sudden I was only gaining a little in 4 weeks (about 1-2 lbs) now I'm 28 weeks and last I checked I've gained a whole 30-35 lbs ahh
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I only gained 24 lbs with my pregnancy and most of that was in the last 4 months or so because I had bad morning sickness during weeks 9-14. 

kbear1992
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I feel gigantic at 28 weeks lol
FarmMom383
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kbear1992:

I cant wait to have a cute belly like that.  my belly has grown a little but not a lot and my boobs are huge (to me)!! I went from a barely a to popping out of a b.  I thought that would cause weight gain but it hasnt.  and by the way you do not look huge, pregnant bellies are beautiful but I am sure there will be a time when I feel that way, i think every pregnant person I have known has felt that way at one point or another.

kbear1992
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM
LOL I know I'm not huge but going from 124 lbs skinny to 156 lbs is just like omgggg haha just wait it will happen to you ;) and my boobs got huge too I went from a 36 d to a 36 ddd haha I hope they are done growing my back hurts so bad because all the weight in the front of my body. Also another thing I love is my butt haha I know tmi but it got a bit bigger and a bit more perky :p

Quoting FarmMom383:

Quoting kbear1992:

I cant wait to have a cute belly like that.  my belly has grown a little but not a lot and my boobs are huge (to me)!! I went from a barely a to popping out of a b.  I thought that would cause weight gain but it hasnt.  and by the way you do not look huge, pregnant bellies are beautiful but I am sure there will be a time when I feel that way, i think every pregnant person I have known has felt that way at one point or another.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Every woman is different. I'm going to be 11 weeks on Friday and I'm down 4lbs. In my other pregnancies, I've been up at least 5lbs by now. 

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Is the baby growing well? We're you "over weight" to begin with? If so, and if the doctor isnt' concerned, then I wouldn't be worried. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)