I was induced because of an infection so I was told the day before the induction that with my levels where they were if I wanted an epi for labor I would have to get it then. So I hadn't even been induced yet and wasn't dilated at all and was on the epi for probably 26 hours or so before baby was finally born, it wore off multiple times. This time I am hoping for a more normal labor and still plan on getting the epi but hopefully being able to wait till I feel I need it this time.
I only had one with my second. I was 7cm and it slowed my labor down.
I was 7cm when I got mine. I tried to hold out as long as I could.
They told me I could have it at 3-4 and I didn't get it till right at 8cm.
DS1: I was 7cm but i swear they put water in that epidural or something becuase i didnt get a single bit of relief! (that hospital has now been through several lawsuits)
DS2: I was 9cm when they came to give me the epi but the ansthesiologist forgot to hook the epi up so they had to page him and he had to come back and fix it. By that time it was time to push and pointless i was numb for hours after birth and angry that i even got it.
I was 6-7 with my 1st and 4 with my 2nd.
i was only 3cm, just turned 4 cm and they fiinally gave it to me, i was begging for it since i got to the hospital, i thought i was going to be like 8 already! after i got it i went from 4 to 10 really quickly though cuz i relaxed and i only pushed 5 minutes. ill definitely be getting one again this time, best thing ever created in medicine in my opinion! lol
Connect with CafeMom:
Switch to Mobile Site
Getting Started Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Part of the CafeMom family of sites
© 2013 CMI Marketing, Inc. All rights reserved.