Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help! (Beware it's extremely personal)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey, I am the mommy to a beautiful 9 month old little girl, Sophie. I am now pregnant with my 2nd (a little boy). I have this reocurring problem and just needed some help. IF YOU CAN. The entire 39 weeks of my pregnancy with Sophie, i had a bad Bacterial Infection and Yeast Infection. Tried multiple medicines. Even talked to my OB. We tried so many solutions, which didnt help. I couldnt have sex because the pain was so bad. It took me 3+ months after Sophie to get the courage to have sex, and it wasnt painful at all. I didnt have the itching or burning anymore either! Now that i am pregnant again, i have the symptoms again of the BI and YI. Is it just my body reacting to all the hormones? Will i experience this the whole pregnancy again? Will i get these every time i get pregnant? Please help!

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
Brooked18
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Have you tried probiotics??? I have read that if you use coconut oil as a lube during sex it helps clear yeast infections
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
If I told you what I went through with my second pregnancy you would be happy with yourself lol. It's normal and may be something you get with every pregnancy or maybe not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow I thought I was the obly one with issues like that. I'm sort of glad I'm not!! No advice but I feel ur pain!
mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Feel better! Avoid salty foods or ones that are highly acidic.

Megara
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Definitely take probiotics if you aren't already.  And go for the good stuff, none of this 1-2 billion cells dose.  Start at 10, if no change increase slowly.  If you start having diarrhea or stomach cramps decrease dosage.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Have you tried garlic in your vagina? 

Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM

sounds like it's deff the hormones that are doing it, and it happens to more women than you think (I never got a UTI till I was preg with DD2, then I got it twice and again when I was preg with DD3). Hormones can do horrible things to your body =0( Hope it doesn't last the entire pregnancy and/or you can figure something out. 

clintam
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM
My sister had that problem and antibiotics didn't work i told her to take acidopholus...it worked like a Charm.. Good luck.
momma4xover
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I had this happen every pregnancy since my c-section...  (so two) I just couldn't take it anymore and did a crap ton of research and ended up buying a supplement called D-mannose. You can get it on Amazon and in pill or powder form. Honest to God, ever since starting it I have not had a single infection! (You may be able to look up my posts on here complaining about the pain and infections etc just to make sure I am not lyin! ;)

I would HIGHLY recommend trying it and seeing if it works for you. I did everything right and still happened to me. This changed my entire feeling of being preggo again. The powder is *slighty* sweet when mixed in water and you will know after about a week or 2 if its working for you. My hubby seriously just went online and bought me two more bottles to last through the pregnancy. He appreciates it also because we can now have sex without me feeling like dying!

maybe80
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Stop taking the prenatal for a few days and see what happens!

(I'm for taking the vitamin, bust just in case)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured