Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I need help! (Beware it's extremely personal)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey, I am the mommy to a beautiful 9 month old little girl, Sophie. I am now pregnant with my 2nd (a little boy). I have this reocurring problem and just needed some help. IF YOU CAN. The entire 39 weeks of my pregnancy with Sophie, i had a bad Bacterial Infection and Yeast Infection. Tried multiple medicines. Even talked to my OB. We tried so many solutions, which didnt help. I couldnt have sex because the pain was so bad. It took me 3+ months after Sophie to get the courage to have sex, and it wasnt painful at all. I didnt have the itching or burning anymore either! Now that i am pregnant again, i have the symptoms again of the BI and YI. Is it just my body reacting to all the hormones? Will i experience this the whole pregnancy again? Will i get these every time i get pregnant? Please help!

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
livingrlovesong
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Unfortunately it sounds to me likes it something you'll be stuck with. I know several people who always have chronic infections when they are pregnant and there just isn't help for it. I'm sorry :'(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM
I don't have any answers for you but I do know that eating yogurt can really help stave off yeast infection if you haven't tried, you might want to give that a go.
SJGMommy
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Thank you ladies so much! :)
muchlovedby4
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I'm about to give some advice that might seem totally whacked out, but it worked for a good friend of mine in the same situation. And when i get a YI, it works for me as well...... (Of course, ask your dr first if you're not comfortable doing it on just my advice.)

Try yogurt. Not flavored- it'll say "plain yogurt" on the container. (Sorry for the upcoming and very personal description.) Put about a tablespoon inside your vagina every day. It helps to replace the "good" bacteria that your body needs. Also, eating 1or 2 small containers of yogurt each day can help prevent the YI. (You can eat the flavored kinds tho.)

I was given this advice to pass to my friend and it worked for her. I asked my dr the next time i came down with one, cuz meds are so expensive. He told me to try it, that it would be safe. So i did and it worked.

Just a suggestion.
true-love-21
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Ask your doctor if a peroxide douche would hurt anything. It kills bad bacteria and saves the good. Did a lot of research I just don't know if its safe during pregnancy. Doesn't hurt or anything! Promise! All u need is a 10 ml syringe, peroxide. Fill peroxide all the way to 10 ml then slowly insert it up there (get ok from doc first) and use ur kegal muscles and squeeze it in for 30 secondd then release.
Des10ed2b
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM

that happened to me with my first. i was on metro-gel almost the entire pregnancy. we just couldnt get rid of it. but one treatment with my second was enough to get rid of it.

SarahMommie
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:30 PM
I suffer with yeast infections with entire pregnancy too. I can never get rid of it only get relief (from witch hazel wipes). HOWEVER :-) once my man was treated with diflucan at the same time I had a 10 day Monistat treatment we did get rid of it!! He can pass it back and forth without him having any symptoms. Good luck I know how awful it is!!
SJGMommy
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Thank you guys so much!!
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Go to your local drug and get probiotics, awesome stuff!!!

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I had the SAME issue with my last!!! ONLY thing that worked was the pill (cant remember the name of it, starts with a D maybe) and I couldn't convince them to prescribe it until the end of my pregnancy. Such relief!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)