Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I need help! (Beware it's extremely personal)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey, I am the mommy to a beautiful 9 month old little girl, Sophie. I am now pregnant with my 2nd (a little boy). I have this reocurring problem and just needed some help. IF YOU CAN. The entire 39 weeks of my pregnancy with Sophie, i had a bad Bacterial Infection and Yeast Infection. Tried multiple medicines. Even talked to my OB. We tried so many solutions, which didnt help. I couldnt have sex because the pain was so bad. It took me 3+ months after Sophie to get the courage to have sex, and it wasnt painful at all. I didnt have the itching or burning anymore either! Now that i am pregnant again, i have the symptoms again of the BI and YI. Is it just my body reacting to all the hormones? Will i experience this the whole pregnancy again? Will i get these every time i get pregnant? Please help!

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Replies (31-40):
LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM
This is what my midwife recommends for BV. I couldn't ever bring myself to use it lol

Quoting true-love-21:

Ask your doctor if a peroxide douche would hurt anything. It kills bad bacteria and saves the good. Did a lot of research I just don't know if its safe during pregnancy. Doesn't hurt or anything! Promise! All u need is a 10 ml syringe, peroxide. Fill peroxide all the way to 10 ml then slowly insert it up there (get ok from doc first) and use ur kegal muscles and squeeze it in for 30 secondd then release.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
true-love-21
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Did she say it was safe during pregnancy? Trust me it does help, my mom had it and her symptoms were gone after the first douche :)

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

This is what my midwife recommends for BV. I couldn't ever bring myself to use it lol

Quoting true-love-21:

Ask your doctor if a peroxide douche would hurt anything. It kills bad bacteria and saves the good. Did a lot of research I just don't know if its safe during pregnancy. Doesn't hurt or anything! Promise! All u need is a 10 ml syringe, peroxide. Fill peroxide all the way to 10 ml then slowly insert it up there (get ok from doc first) and use ur kegal muscles and squeeze it in for 30 secondd then release.
daisykat
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I went through this with my pregnanies.  As a matter of fact, with my youngest, it's how I knew I was preggo.  I remember a family member telling me how I glowed and I thought, "Yeah, but my hoo-ha is torturing me".  My husband got so used to seeing me with my hand down the front of my pregnancy pants that I don't think he would have recognized me had I pulled it out.

Oh, but the peroxide thing did help me a little.  They kept coming back, but at least I got a break!

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Yeah, but peroxide is so harsh (we never use it) that it freaked me out lol. I had tried garlic, probiotics, apple cider vinegar (OUCH!!!!!), needed to do a yeast cleanse but didn't feel safe doing it while prego and on thyroid meds.

Quoting true-love-21:

Did she say it was safe during pregnancy? Trust me it does help, my mom had it and her symptoms were gone after the first douche :)

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Quoting true-love-21:

ColieO
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Weird question, but do you wear nylon underwear or tight pants?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
true-love-21
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Oh thank goodness!!!!!!!!!! I have been trying to find out if its safe or not. And garlic....up there? Ha I bet that stunk lol

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Yeah, but peroxide is so harsh (we never use it) that it freaked me out lol. I had tried garlic, probiotics, apple cider vinegar (OUCH!!!!!), needed to do a yeast cleanse but didn't feel safe doing it while prego and on thyroid meds.

Quoting true-love-21:

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Quoting true-love-21:

SJGMommy
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:04 PM
No lol definitely not.

Quoting ColieO:

SJGMommy
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I'm extremely claustrophobic

Quoting ColieO:

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Nah lol.... you take a clove and stick it up there... you can thread a piece of sewing thread through for easy removal.

Quoting true-love-21:

Oh thank goodness!!!!!!!!!! I have been trying to find out if its safe or not. And garlic....up there? Ha I bet that stunk lol

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Quoting true-love-21:

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Quoting true-love-21:

emilypemily
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My dr told me that a lot of the time when a woman has a BI or a YI during a pregnancy it is very likely for them to develop it with subsequent pregnancies.  I don't know if there is maybe something that is safe for you to take med-wise that you haven't taken yet?  It's pretty common to get BIs and YIs when you are pregnant.  I hope you're able to find something that works out well for you.

By the way I have a daughter named Sophie who is 10 months old!  haha :)  Good luck to you and your family!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)