Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I need help! (Beware it's extremely personal)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey, I am the mommy to a beautiful 9 month old little girl, Sophie. I am now pregnant with my 2nd (a little boy). I have this reocurring problem and just needed some help. IF YOU CAN. The entire 39 weeks of my pregnancy with Sophie, i had a bad Bacterial Infection and Yeast Infection. Tried multiple medicines. Even talked to my OB. We tried so many solutions, which didnt help. I couldnt have sex because the pain was so bad. It took me 3+ months after Sophie to get the courage to have sex, and it wasnt painful at all. I didnt have the itching or burning anymore either! Now that i am pregnant again, i have the symptoms again of the BI and YI. Is it just my body reacting to all the hormones? Will i experience this the whole pregnancy again? Will i get these every time i get pregnant? Please help!

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
Proudmommy0610
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
It's very common and I have been there when I was pregnant with DS three years ago. I had a bacterial infection and I was a wreck because I'm so clean OCD clean lol. I tried everything and with the help of my ob got it under control she gave a pill that was like a vacuum for the excess yeast and told me to eat two yogurts a day with cultures in it to help soak up the yeast it helped but I too couldn't have sex through my pregnancy because it was too painful. Talk to ur ob and a nutritionist who can suggest pregnancy foods that are safe and can help. Good luck and I'm in the same boat now with baby girl due in June same symptoms and the same treatments are working for now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PB0824
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Please pardon me if someone else mentioned this, I did not have time to read all the posts!

Do you take baths while you are pregnant?  If so, they say NOT TO TAKE BATHS, you can get infections easily.  

Otherwise, I would keep asking at the OB/GYN office doctors, nurses, etc. until you get an answer.  That is a long time to have infections, and what if you want to have more babies?  Someone has to have the answer. 

SJGMommy
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM
EW I HATE BATHS! lol I feel like I'm bathing in my own dirt! lol. I haven't taken baths since I was like 5.

Quoting PB0824:

Please pardon me if someone else mentioned this, I did not have time to read all the posts!

Do you take baths while you are pregnant?  If so, they say NOT TO TAKE BATHS, you can get infections easily.  

Otherwise, I would keep asking at the OB/GYN office doctors, nurses, etc. until you get an answer.  That is a long time to have infections, and what if you want to have more babies?  Someone has to have the answer. 

RunningMom13
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM

What type of soap do you use? This mat not help at all.  But I only use lye soap.  It's completely natural and gentle.  If I use any kind of scented soap I have issues when I'm not preggo.  You can get Grandmas Lye Soap off of amazon, if you are interested. 

SJGMommy
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I use a female soap.

Quoting RunningMom13:

What type of soap do you use? This mat not help at all.  But I only use lye soap.  It's completely natural and gentle.  If I use any kind of scented soap I have issues when I'm not preggo.  You can get Grandmas Lye Soap off of amazon, if you are interested. 

mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM
I hope you are feeling better.
stargaze281
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM

what kind of bacterial infection? uti?? if its uti, take cranberry supplements. i had recurring uti's when i was preg, and took cranberry supplements, but i took the one with mannose in it. It reduced my uti's and didnt have to take any medication.   :-)

SJGMommy
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
No. Bacterial vaginosis. I used to get uti's a lot but haven't gotten one in years!

Quoting stargaze281:

what kind of bacterial infection? uti?? if its uti, take cranberry supplements. i had recurring uti's when i was preg, and took cranberry supplements, but i took the one with mannose in it. It reduced my uti's and didnt have to take any medication.   :-)

daisykat
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Quoting true-love-21:

Garlic??? Hahahaha...

Thought we were talking about making babies here, not tuna fish casseroles...

Ok, ok, I hear all of you GROANING and twisting your faces, but I couldn't stop myself. I'm sick and I need help :)
amy31308
by Ashlee on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I had yeast infections with my daughterand I couldn't get rid of the pain. Only time it bothered me was during intercourse and my ob said it was just the pregnancy.

Suffered my whole pregnancy.

Finally when my dd was about 3-4 months old I went to see someone else because my old ob didn't care. After one look she said it was obvious I had low estrogen and looked premenopausal. Have me a cream and was better in a few days!

I talked to my new ob about it a few weeks ago and hesaid that would start from BV and turn into that.

Don't hesitate to get a second opinion. I wish I would have ssooner.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN