Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

over due??

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 61 Replies
So is anyone in this group currently over due?
Have your doctors suggested anything to help moving labor along?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

It's pretty rare that any of the mamas here ever hit 42 weeks, we've had 2-3 in the past year, maybe. :)

whitneymf
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I would go crazy if I went over due to 42 weeks.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Well.. you aren't actually overdue until 42 weeks. 

Quoting whitneymf:

whitneymf
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Well over the due date is what I meant but I feel like I could make it to 42 weeks myself lol

Quoting Pandapanda:

Well.. you aren't actually overdue until 42 weeks. 

Quoting whitneymf:

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Not right now, but I have been past my due date two times before.  I remember how tiring it was.  They both came about a week past my due date.  Hang in there mama!  (hugs)

MagickalMommy
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM

not right now, I'm not pg anymore. My last LO was born August 2011 LOL I still just lurk here :) living vicariously through you all

BUT my last LO I went to 42 weeks. I seriously was about to start charging him rent. heehe

I did everything "naturally" speaking to try and get labor going. Acupuncture, chiropractor, homeopathic drops and tablets like Black and Blue cohosh, castor oil (WHICH DO NOT DO, WAS THE WORST THING EVER! I can not stress that enough) sex, walking breast pumps.

Unless baby is ready nothing will make you go into labor. :(

whitneymf
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:38 PM
I feel like I could make it to 42 weeks! His dad is leaving for 6 mo on the 7th of next month though and I want him to be able to spend a little time with him before he goes /:

Quoting MagickalMommy:

not right now, I'm not pg anymore. My last LO was born August 2011 LOL I still just lurk here :) living vicariously through you all

BUT my last LO I went to 42 weeks. I seriously was about to start charging him rent. heehe

I did everything "naturally" speaking to try and get labor going. Acupuncture, chiropractor, homeopathic drops and tablets like Black and Blue cohosh, castor oil (WHICH DO NOT DO, WAS THE WORST THING EVER! I can not stress that enough) sex, walking breast pumps.

Unless baby is ready nothing will make you go into labor. :(

Megara
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Not currently, but my first baby was 40w4d and my second was 41w6d.  Some oldies might remember the second one, I was a mod on this board when I was pregnant with him.  I tried EVERYTHING (non-medical) to encourage labor with my son, but in the end, babies come on their own time.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

xredstarsx
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I went to 42+2 and had him in January so add me to the short list. Lol

Quoting Pandapanda:

It's pretty rare that any of the mamas here ever hit 42 weeks, we've had 2-3 in the past year, maybe. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Not really. My first was over her due date by two days. That doesn't really count but they were a LONG two days. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)