Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How many moms got a negative on a home pregnancy test and were really pregnant?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 22 Replies

Hey moms just wondering if any of you took a home pregnancy test and got a negative on it but then found out you were really pregnant. If your one of them may i ask how many tests did you take and did you get the same results? Share your story with me. How many weeks were you when you found out you had a little angel inside you? Did you knew you were pregnant even though the test said negative and what did you do?I'm just curious.

Thank you! :)

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I've heard of a few ladies that took several weeks to get a positive. My BFF took 3 weeks past her missed period to get the positive.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I got negative tests for a week with my second baby. I was pretty sure I was pregnant by the end of the week because I was so late and my boobs hurt super bad and it hurt to have anything push on my lower belly. I was taking dollar store tests which used to work great. At the end of the week 2 of them turned positive after an hour so I took a different kind of test and got an instant positive.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I have, but I tested too early.  I can only test on the day I expect my period..anything earlier, I generally get a BFN

mhoelzer2988
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM
im currently in this situation now but I probably took them too early. my period is for sure late and im 4 sure having pregnancy symptoms, I got tired of wasting money on tests for them to say negative all the time so I decided to order some cheap ones online and now im waiting 4 them 2 come in the mail 2 test again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup!

With DD1 my LMP was June 1. When the 29th rolled around and AF didn't show (I had on the cloc, to the hour periods) I went and tested right away. Nothing. Tested 3-4 more times that week, nothing.  Tested several more times the next week, nothing. July 16 I finally went to the doc she did a pee test, negative, so she gave me pills, said "take these every day for a week and your period will show up on/right after the last day". Took the pills every day, as directed, still nothing, so on the 24th I was with a friend at the mall and realized still no AF and I was already done with the pills the day before, so I bought another test and BAM, BFP. Tested again a few hours later, another BFP.  Went to the doc a few days later and she set up u/s which I did in early-mid Aug and I was 10wks along (so almost 8wks preg when I got my BFP).  

With DD3 I didn't test till later on (was in denial/thought there was an issue with my BC) and I got a BFP but it was so faint I tossed the test cause I didn't see it. I went back a min or 2 later and looked again and just barely saw the line. Went for a u/s a week later and was 10wks (so I got the very faint BFP at 9wks preg). 

your_angel
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Whats crazy is we had been trying to conceive for awhile and everytime I overanalyzed every symptom and thought I was pregnant I would get a couple negative test in a row then sure enough my period would start (late) everytime.

Finally, I decided to give up on trying to get pregnant and decided I would start taking birth control pills to try and regulate my period because they had been acting funny so I thought maybe this had been the reason I couldn't get pregnant. I called in the prescription to the pharmacy but before I could go pick them up me and dh got in a huge argument and he stormed out of the house and took my car instead of his. I don't know if it was the fight or not but I went in the bathroom and was crying and noticed there was a pregnancy test sitting in the cabinet so I decided to take it thinking how ironic it would be if I was pregnant after he just pissed me off and I told him I should leave him lol (not that serious of a fight I admit I get petty when I'm mad)

sure enough I took the pregnancy test 5 days before my missed period and the second line was light but it was very much there! I texted dh and told him that he was lucky that he had trapped me lmao and he was like what do you mean? I didn't respond. He came back home shortly after and I showed him the positive test. He had the biggest grin on his face, he hugged me and was like we finally did it we're pregnant......forgot all about the argument lmao

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I got a "late" bfp on a home test with my daughter, but it turns out I had just ovulated waaaay late.

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't test positive right away. This baby it took 5-6 weeks before I was able to get a positive test. The others I took were negative even though I knew I was pregnant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pacificamom
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Low levels with my first but early positives with my other 4

una1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I took a test everyday for 2 weeks and nothing. I knew i was pregnant, so the doctor agreed to a blood test. The day that i got my results, i also got my + on a home test also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)