Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

In a perfect world birth experience

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

K in a perfect world:

I'd know a midwife as a friend. My husband would learn everything he pssibly could about birthing, complications and new borns, I mean EVERYTHING. Thext 7 and a half months would wiz by and my 8 year old would meraciously learn to stay on task in the mean time. Baby would progress perfectly and no one would give us a hard time about not knowing the gender. One night, after I had been particualary well rested I'd wake because my water broke. Husband would be home and would make sure I was fed, comfortable and what not. We'd go back to sleep and in a few hours I'd wake ready for baby to come out. Now it would hurt but I would zone out. Hubby would call the midwife friend and she'd stop by just in time to reassure my hubsand that evrythings perfectly fine. My son would wake and come in the room just ashusband catches baby. Husband cleans up baby midwife friend watches over us and catches placenta. I sit or lie down and rest then we all wash up. Midwife friend cleans up the mess and we all admire the healthy baby. Midwife comes by a few times to double check on us and my son does his school work, helps out, gets extra time with me or my husband and plays. 

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:44 PM

In a perfect world...

DH would be home (he'll be deployed) and I'd give birth at home, just me, him and our kids (if they were home). Maybe his mom & sister to help out with the girls. 

Denisethedaring
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

In my case I would be 9 months pregnant, blink my eyes once and suddenly find a perfect little newborn, clean and healthy and happy, nestled in my arms.  Wheee!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

In a perfect world, I'd be able to control my hormones throughout pregnancy instead of being nutso. 

Terpsichore
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:24 PM

In a perfect world:

I'd go into labor naturally, have no drugs, birth at home or at a stand-alone birth center, do it in under 12 hours, and I wouldn't tear. Mom and baby would be perfectly healthy.

I'd settle for going into labor naturally and not having a c-section. Baby would be perfectly healthy, and mom would suffer no long-term effects from preeclampsia. 

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Lovely!
I have witnessed some a lot like that-  it is possible!  :-)

And my ideal would be similar only Id catch the baby myself and my water wouldn't break.    I think siblings would be in the tub with my too.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:04 PM
id have a mid wife and my husband would know what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM
That sounds perfect!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM
My perfect birth would be at home, in the water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:02 AM

: ) Sounds very realistic! : ) I have heard many, many, many home birth stories go just like that! : ) 

pacificamom
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Baby a wouldn't have been breech so my doula and I could have worked to get the twins out naturally 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)