Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

26 weeks.... sharp pain below.

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 9 Replies
When I went to stand up I felt a very sharp stabbing pain "down there". I have felt it before when I stand up to fast or "the wrong way" but it usually goes away right away. This time it didn't and I still feel it several minutes later. Standing relieves it though

I have no idea what it is. Anyone else have this happen? The ones that go away don't worry me, but this is just like it but it still hurts some.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I'm not sure. I've had it a few times before, even with this pregnancy. I like to think it's just an annoying growing pain!

PEEK05
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Yep

Quoting Pandapanda:

I'm not sure. I've had it a few times before, even with this pregnancy. I like to think it's just an annoying growing pain!

momma4xover
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I have had that. Then I do this awkward twist move thing, and my husband stares at me as I try to explain that a knife just shot up my 'gina. He now just looks at me and goes, "need help massaging it away?" Pervert. I do not know what it is though.

summerbear
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:09 AM
I had it with my previous pregnancy. But, it always went away right after. This one hurt pretty bad for 2-3 minutes and was still "achy" for 30 minutes. Weird... that never happened before.

I just figured they were to be expected and didn't say anything because they went away as soon as I felt it. This one just freaked me out! I can't wait to get my ball tomorrow... er, today...

Quoting Pandapanda:

summerbear
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:12 AM
I do a little "yelp" thing and sit back right away. I don't choose to sit back, it just happens! My oldest (11), bless her heart, she always asks if I am OK and gets really worried. This is her 3rd pregnancy (first one was when she was 8), you would think she would have calmed down by now! She is getting worse with each new baby!

Quoting momma4xover:

I have had that. Then I do this awkward twist move thing, and my husband stares at me as I try to explain that a knife just shot up my 'gina. He now just looks at me and goes, "need help massaging it away?" Pervert. I do not know what it is though.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Is it a sciatica-type pain?

summerbear
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:31 AM
No. It is like someone jabbed a knife into my vagina and cervix. TMI, I know, but that is the only way I can describe it. It usually goes away to moment it happens. I had it from time to time with my previous pregnancy, #3. I just feel it in that general area when it happens and only when trying to stand up from sitting once in a while. Not all the time.

Quoting doulala:

LizzieAnnesMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Yup, i did that the last 17 weeks with my second. It hurt so bad. The doc examined me and told me to use an ice pack or a heating pad on a low setting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM

This reminds me of pinched nerve feelings, like when the uterus is heavy on organs.     Do you ever see the chiropractor?

Quoting summerbear:

No. It is like someone jabbed a knife into my vagina and cervix. TMI, I know, but that is the only way I can describe it. It usually goes away to moment it happens. I had it from time to time with my previous pregnancy, #3. I just feel it in that general area when it happens and only when trying to stand up from sitting once in a while. Not all the time.

Quoting doulala:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured